Foreflight scratch pad - any way to save?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
So, I made the leap into the electronic age - got my iPad2, loaded up Foreflight and played around with it a bit last night.

I like the built in scratch pad feature, but wondering if there is any way to save it and or open a second page? In other words, if I copy my initial clearance down on the scratch pad and then want to take more notes later in the flight, what can I do when I run out of room on the page? Is there a way to save the page and start a new one? Only thing I could think of last night was to get a stylus and write smaller.....

So, I made the leap into the electronic age - got my iPad2, loaded up Foreflight and played around with it a bit last night.

I like the built in scratch pad feature, but wondering if there is any way to save it and or open a second page? In other words, if I copy my initial clearance down on the scratch pad and then want to take more notes later in the flight, what can I do when I run out of room on the page? Is there a way to save the page and start a new one? Only thing I could think of last night was to get a stylus and write smaller.....
You can do a screenshot (Power & Home simultaneously) and it will go in the Pictures application, but it's suboptimal for your use case because you need to switch applications to see it and you cannot edit it later. I think there have been requests for multiple pages in the scratchpad made to ForeFlight.

How do you work with the issue of your palm resting on the lower portion of the screen , and when writing, causing palm pressure to show markings and also taking the "cursor" and moving it lower?

When I say cursor , I mean where the marking starts.

Probably not much help with your question, but WingX has five scratch pads available to use.

Right Now I am working on a Template that will give you all of the stuff you might need to write down when talking to ATC (It will be set up for my Class C ops, but will adapt if people like it)

You will have to open this template in a different app , but multitasking is not too bad on the iPad, so maybe you will like it.

I use an app called uPad. It is just like a scratch pad. You can have multiple pages and keep several "notebooks" going at the same time. The use of a stylus is nice, too.

If ForeFlight doesn't do it, you don't need it. Accept it. That seems to be the consensus.

(Who needs SFRA's, chart legends, IFR area charts, ...?)

If ForeFlight doesn't do it, you don't need it.

If ForeFlight doesn't do it, you don't need it. Accept it. That seems to be the consensus.
I saw a number of recommendations to accomplish the desired task. How is that a "you don't need it" consensus?

Or are you saying the consensus seems to be that if Forefight doesn't already do it, you don't need it in Foreflight?

That's a maybe for me. I look at a task I'd like to accomplish in flight and whether I need Foreflight to be the one to do it. I don't expect Foreflight to do everything and become bloatware in theprocess.

Foreflight scratch pad does have a touch pad and typing side. I pre-type notes in the typing side and toggle back if I need to refer to them. Touch screen is all I use in flight.

Back