Foreflight record question

DaytonaLynn

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
One who misses Daytona!
I see that there is a REC button on the map screen. Has any one used this feature?
Does it record the flight like Cloud Ahoy?
Thanks

It's darn cool.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    1.6 MB · Views: 112
That is cool,
Do you have to download to Google to get it?
Just curious what the distance between the verticle bars , looks like a nice decent too!

It exports from the app to "other apps" of which google earth is a choice if you have it installed.
You can also export a 2D flat view to twitter or FB too.
Not sure about the vertical bars. probably just seconds apart.

In this pic, it lost GPS altitude or something as I was flying a climbing 360° over the lake. Looks like a crazy circle, but it wasn't.

Attachments

• kml.png
    kml.png
    899.8 KB · Views: 80
It exports from the app to "other apps" of which google earth is a choice if you have it installed.
You can also export a 2D flat view to twitter or FB too.
The "other apps" specifically includes Cloud Ahoy. I used it yesterday and it works great.

Just guessing, but since Stratus only speaks to ForeFlight, I think it likely the feature was added in part to respond to customers who use Stratus and wanted to use Cloud Ahoy but couldn't.

Just noticed the record button,thanks ,will give it a try.

Really cool feature, just don't forget to turn it off. I used it to capture my last flight, and my stop at the store after, and my drive home. All in all about 4 hours of recording for a .7 flight.

It's darn cool.

I got it record. But the display was just a blue line for path of travel and it gave me the option to open in Foreflight.
I,lie,the way yours shows decent and timing, any idea what I eed to change to get it out to Google and display as a side view and not a top view?
Thanks

I got it record. But the display was just a blue line for path of travel and it gave me the option to open in Foreflight.
I,lie,the way yours shows decent and timing, any idea what I eed to change to get it out to Google and display as a side view and not a top view?
Thanks
The little symbol in the upper right hand corner of the screen that is the universal iOS symbol for "send this someplace else."

Back