ForeFlight doesn't recognize T-routes?

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
Has anyone else had this problem?

In the Nav editor, I tried to input a T-route around CVG. The route was clearly shown on the IFR chart in FF, but every time I tried to enter it, it kept telling me that the fixes were not part of the route.

JeppFD recognized the route though.

Are the T-routes not programmed into FF?

It's been a while since I tried, but I think I remember it decoding T259. Not sure I'd trust it, though. I've seen it draw SoCal TEC routes incorrectly. At least a few of them are defined using unnamed intersections between two airways, which FF does not support.

For whatever reason, ATC didn't clear me on T259, but instead cleared me to each of its waypoints (SAC MOVDD CEDES).

Like this?
c115136ab8a3d378493a905f3312a89f.png

Why is that working for you??? When I try to plug in T213, it tells me at RID is not part of the route.

I just typed it in as iiu t213 rid hit return and it was fine. Maybe you're trying something fancy?

Yeah, make sure the route makes it to your next fix.

What I mean is: from HYK the route is T215 and then becomes T213 at GAMKE.

What is a T Route? Oh, ok, a low altitude RNAV route. When did those come into being? I am old IFR and haven't heard about that. Im not current, probably why. But fill me in.

And in this case there were two T-routes.

What software is that map?

I entered HYK T215 GAMKE T213 RID and it tells me that both GAMKE and RID aren't on the routes.

Here is what is weird. It works on my iPhone, but not my iPad. FF is up to date on both. Only difference is that I haven't updated to iOS 10 on the iPad. I've found iOS 10 to be very buggy so far on the iPhone.

I entered HYK T215 GAMKE T213 RID and it tells me that both GAMKE and RID aren't on the routes.

Here is what is weird. It works on my iPhone, but not my iPad. FF is up to date on both. Only difference is that I haven't updated to iOS 10 on the iPad. I've found iOS 10 to be very buggy so far on the iPhone.
Maybe try closing the app and opening it back up.

Worked on mine. Here's the pertinent FF version and screenshots.

d9b0baf6ea5e5843182e3a4c6535f2c1.png

a1d126eacb8537f8939e846a84148a94.png

722ac5b1c7137120c09ad4d4bb50a3d4.png

241b3c2fe536af797d219fb9ff3accb5.png

Yeah, only thing I can think of is the difference in the iOS.

Weird. Could it be a subscription level bug or needing the Instrument / georef package? I have the old Instrument georeferenced package without the new fancy maps.

I did that on the iPad which has all he stuff for that area downloaded into it, too. I didn't try on the iPhone where I only keep Colorado and surrounding States unless I'm going somewhere.

A GPS route used to navigate around B or C airspace.
That is one use for a T Route. A T Route is a low-altitude RNAV airway. A Q Route is a high-altitude RNAV airway.

Sometimes a T Route and a Victor airway are combined.

I was just regurgitating the specifics of what I read. But yes, low altitude RNAV airway.

Maybe a silly question but does it have to do with an equipment suffix?
I.e. if you have /A or /U in your airplane profile, it might not allow you to use T-routes?
(just grasping at straws here)

Maybe a silly question but does it have to do with an equipment suffix?
I.e. if you have /A or /U in your airplane profile, it might not allow you to use T-routes?
(just grasping at straws here)
No. the airplane is /G.

I think the real issue is the underlying iOS. That is the only thing different between my iPhone and the iPad. I've been avoiding updating to iOS 10 because it sucks.

Did anybody try asking FF staff directly? You know, they are here for a reason: to answer our silly questions. :)
Don't we have Mark or someone from FF on the board here?

Back