Foreflight changes

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
Need bringing up to speed on the latest version.

Where is the brief button?
Is it, as requested of FF, now automatic?

All aircraft now default to 6:00hrs fuel on board.
Aircraft Basic Performance does not have an endurance entry, neither is there one under More>Aircraft
(I have several aircraft listed on FF)

Pilot's license? Really? No big deal, right?

down at the bottom is a button that says "Flights." That takes you a list of flights. Probably only one there, the one you just entered in "maps." To the right you'll see the "Briefing" button.

EDIT: First, on the Maps page where you entered it, you have to push that button that is a square with an up arrow to 'send it' to Flights

Need bringing up to speed on the latest version.

Where is the brief button?
Is it, as requested of FF, now automatic?

All aircraft now default to 6:00hrs fuel on board.
Aircraft Basic Performance does not have an endurance entry, neither is there one under More>Aircraft
(I have several aircraft listed on FF)

Pilot's license? Really? No big deal, right?

Default to 6hrs fuel!!

My plane is hagared with 3

Work plane is a little over that

Who puts 6 hours of weight in their plane as a norm?

So how do you get to clipboard if you export it there?
The clipboard isn't a ForeFlight invention, just the same holding area computers have used since at least the 1980s. Paste it somewhere. Any app which accepts pasted text. Email, text message, document... I sometimes use it to copy the route to another EFB app.

Last edited:
I think it got 6 from the Viking; in fact, topped off the FS450 will say 7:00 remaining at TOC.

The clipboard isn't a ForeFlight invention, just the same holding area computers have used since at least the 1980s. Paste it somewhere. Any app which accepts pasted text. Email, text message, document... I sometimes use it to copy the route to another EFB app.

Gotcha. I had "knee board" on my brain!

Or a Cardinal RG that's flown LOP... ;)

For me, FF has always defaulted to whatever I filed last time.
That might be it and would make sense. I said less than my usual, but my usual changes with airplanes and my last filed flight was the one with 4 hours on board.

Why do y'all top the planes off? Are you flying that far? Seems like a bit of performance/payload sacrifice.

I don't think I've yet to top off the long range tanks in my skywagon

Why do y'all top the planes off? Are you flying that far? Seems like a bit of performance/payload sacrifice.

I generally fly with full tanks. (Not always, but usually.) Personally, I'd rather tanker the extra fuel and have more options, than try to squeeze out an extra knot/penny or two. Of course, I only fly a little Archer, and most of my legs are no more than two hours. (One, if my wife is on board.) The only time I don't launch with full tanks is if the trip/load/conditions require it. Then again, I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to risk in regards to aviation.

I don't think I've yet to top off the long range tanks in my skywagon
In my case, I've almost always been a renter or member of a flying club with a "to the tabs" policy. When I was part owner of a Comanche, we topped the tanks as a matter of course to reduce the chances of a known issue with the fuel bladders easily drying. For the most part, though, if I am going on a trip, it's only two of us, weight and balance is a non-issue, and, after all, there is those two old adages about fuel left at the pump and the only time there being too much fuel is when you are on fire.

True, guess it depends on the type and the mission.

When I was training in a AA1 we defaulted to 1/3 tanks, was great for the students as they had to plan well, if they underestimated that had to fill it up before putting it away (we had students self fuel and oil from hour 1) and if they overestimated they ended up giving a gallon of two away.

On my plane I really don't like hauling extra weight into little lakes that are more like ponds, especially if I'm going to be carrying me and a buddy and possibly a couple deer.

99% of my trips are solo so unless I have a really good reason I always take full fuel. If I'm out playing dodge the thunderstorms or waiting for a field to get above minimums I prefer to have the options so I don't have to play the "ok, where can I land" game.

Back