Foreflight agreement

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
My foreflight subscription should be expiring soon. I tried to sign on t the application to see if I could figure out exactly when it will expire.

I was considering letting it expire and loading and testing the Garmin product. but when I sign on I get a huge new T&C screen that I need to accept before continuing. I tried to read it on the iphone but that is a task. I am not sure if accepting the new terms equates to renewing the subscription, which I am not ready to do just yet.

Is that new T&Cs page just general conditions for everyone? Or am I seeing it because it is renewal time?

You mean when you go to More - Accounts, you get a license agreement instead of the information about your account? That this screen doesn't say "Your Account" with the information? (This is the location, but it will look different with an active account signed it):
signin-ipad-4.jpg

If you
re getting this screen, it might be that your subscription already expired. I've only signed in once (the first time I bought it) in the bast 14 months.

My foreflight subscription should be expiring soon. I tried to sign on t the application to see if I could figure out exactly when it will expire.

I was considering letting it expire and loading and testing the Garmin product. but when I sign on I get a huge new T&C screen that I need to accept before continuing. I tried to read it on the iphone but that is a task. I am not sure if accepting the new terms equates to renewing the subscription, which I am not ready to do just yet.

Is that new T&Cs page just general conditions for everyone? Or am I seeing it because it is renewal time?

Everyone gets it, I think. My "subscription" is good through sometime in 2016 last I checked, but I just got the new T&C after 4.5 came out - I think it was probably changed due to the new Stratus box. Like most people, I just hit "Agree" and went on with my life.

If all you need to know is your expiration date, simply open Foreflight and click on Your Accounts. The date will be at the top.

As long as there is enough memory you should be able to load Garmin without uninstalling Foreflight.

Let us know what you think of the Garmin product. My subscription expires in July, so I want to evaluate alternatives before renewing.

I didn't think the Garmin was intuitive. Maybe I'm typecast into FF :dunno:

I have been a FF subscriber for years. I gave Garmin an honest shot for 30 days but still found FF to be more intuitive. Garmin has a fantastic UI though.

If all you need to know is your expiration date, simply open Foreflight and click on Your Accounts. The date will be at the top.
No. When I opened ForeFlight the ONLY option was to accept. In order to continue to do anything you had to accept. I finally went ahead and accepted and then found my expiration date is next month.

Let us know what you think of the Garmin product. My subscription expires in July, so I want to evaluate alternatives before renewing.

I am going on a two week vacation in two weeks so I will wait until I get back to try the Garmin App. I will report then.

You could back out of the App and kill it not to Accept.

Doesn't matter anyway. Judges everywhere regularly throw out those shrink-wrapped and electronic "mandatory" agreements as non-binding.

Foreflight may have asked for my first-born for all I know. I'd like to see it stand up in court. They don't.

What it does is keep the nuisance lawsuits away on their side. If they're found to be grossly negligent in something they're doing, they're not protected by those auto-click-yes documents. Especially if someone with deeper pockets is suing them.

Back