ForeFlight ADAHRS and GTX345

TBalch

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
TBalch
When I had my GTX345 installed a couple of years back I was able to get attitude information using Foreflight.

I recently had both a GPS175 and a GI275 installed. Now, when I press the icon to activate the attitude page on Foreflight, I get a "No Attitude Information" alert. I still get traffic and normal position information.

I'm wondering if the configuration of the transponder was changed during the installation of the other two boxes, but I didn't think that would be necessary.

Insights appreciated. Thanks.

Did you check the FF Devices page to ensure that it is connected? I saw that message once recently and I can’t remember if it was in the Mooney (345) or the 140 (Appareo.). It magically fixed itself.

I don’t think the attitude info came from the GTX 345. Do you have an ADSB IN unit like an iLevil or Stratus? The attitude info may come from one of these but it may no longer be connected properly.
Best,
Tommy

While connected, go to the devices page and click on the device you want to use for attitude. That will take you to a detailed page where you can choose to use it for attitude.

I don’t think the attitude info came from the GTX 345. Do you have an ADSB IN unit like an iLevil or Stratus? The attitude info may come from one of these but it may no longer be connected properly.
Best,
Tommy

Yes, the AHRS data is provided by the 345. Been using it for over two years now.

Has anyone seen an improvement in the AHRS from the GTX345? I've been ignoring this issue for a few years and started paying attention to it again. The attitude solution doesn't seem to be very good. I'm able to calibrate it out to "zero" in ForeFlight (which I suspect is not actually a "calibration") but not in Garmin Pilot. Even in Foreflight it drifts off again pretty quickly.

Thoughts?

You need to calibrate it in the 345. My avionics guy did it with his laptop.

I did that twice... put the plane up on jacks, had the tech hook up, etc. It always drifts out of alignment again.

I've been hoping a firmware update would improve this, I saw many similar complaints about this feature at beechtalk.

Guess I’m lucky. My 345 was installed at least two years ago and hasn’t been updated. It’s never drifted off.

I wonder if maybe this problem came with a firmware revision later than what is in mine?

Last edited:
Guess I’m lucky. My 345 was installed at least two years ago and hasn’t been updated. It’s never drifted off.

I wonder if maybe this problem came with a firmware revision later than what is in mine?

I've installed several revisions since 2016 when I installed it. Never made any difference.

On the other board no one seems to have found any solution. Not a great feature, at least for those of us for whom this doesn't work particularly well.

Back