Foreflight 7 is out - still can't use it...

TazzyTazzy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Mitch
Looks like Foreflight 7 is out, but I can't use it. I was holding out on upgrading to IOS 8 until the major bugs were flushed out, so I'm still on IOS 7.X. If I upgrade to IOS 8 now, I'll get 8.3 which will break my external GPS.

<rant>
Glad I went and bought an iPad just for flying (and PoA) 1.5 years ago...and just recently renewed my subscription for foreflight and now I can't use the latest and greatest.
</rant>

Come on apple, fix yo' software!

I am currently testing iOS 8.4 beta 3 and I can confirm that it fixes the external GPS issue (at least with my dual XGPS150). The only down side is that the public version probably won't be available until around June 8th when Apple holds it annual World Wide Developers Conference. Hang in there the wait will be worth it!

I am currently testing iOS 8.4 beta 3 and I can confirm that it fixes the external GPS issue (at least with my dual XGPS150). The only down side is that the public version probably won't be available until around June 8th when Apple holds it annual World Wide Developers Conference. Hang in there the wait will be worth it!
The release notes indicate a number of the Bluetooth (and other) bugs in 8.3 are being repaired.

I like the approach planning graphics...much easier to visualize where approaches are and choose one that makes sense for you. Before I had to read every one for an airport, understand it and then decide if it was a candidate for the general direction I was coming from.

Now if I can just get back to the actual flying part instead of wanting to fly part... :)

I can't use foreflight 7 either.
that might be because I use wingxpro though. :D

Last edited:
Back