ForeFlight 4.0 is out!

When iPad in landscape mode and you open taxi diagram it opens in portrait mode, takes very little of the screen real estate and hardly readable. To turn it you have to turn iPad to portrait mode but you can't do it if iPad mounted in yoke mount.

Well sure ya can. Turn the yoke all the way to the side, wait for the orientation to change, flip the orientation lock on, turn yoke back to the center. :D ;)

I know what you mean, I use a suction cup mount in the DA40 (no yoke!). Luckily, most airports seem to have portrait taxi diagrams - It's the ones that have really long east-westerly runways that are the problem.

2. Add back and forward buttons and swipe left/right actions to imagery. My typical scenario - I'm looking at current prognostic chart and next thing I almost always want to do is check 12 hours, 24, 36 and 48. And sometimes go back and forth to understand the trend. Now I have to press Close and pick next image.

Fixed what I believe was an auto-correct typo, and I totally agree with this one... once I'm looking at a weather chart, I'd love to be able to swipe my way back and forth through the set of images without going back to the image collection selection / thumbnails screen.

Well sure ya can. Turn the yoke all the way to the side, wait for the orientation to change, flip the orientation lock on, turn yoke back to the center. :D ;)

I know what you mean, I use a suction cup mount in the DA40 (no yoke!). Luckily, most airports seem to have portrait taxi diagrams - It's the ones that have really long east-westerly runways that are the problem.

That opens a whole new dimension to the user interface:). Bank 90 degrees to rotate picture. Take this Garmin! Can you do it with 430w?

I think you've just hit on a new game... "Can I unload enough in this steep turn to get the iPad to rotate to landscape mode?" :)

I have to put my CSC DUATS login into the software several times now. It keeps dropping the info I place there. I get the information saved pop up, is there a trick that I am not aware of to get it to remain there?

That opens a whole new dimension to the user interface:). Bank 90 degrees to rotate picture. Take this Garmin! Can you do it with 430w?

Well... I was figuring that on a taxi diagram, you'd be doing this on the ground. ;)

I have to put my CSC DUATS login into the software several times now. It keeps dropping the info I place there. I get the information saved pop up, is there a trick that I am not aware of to get it to remain there?

Hmmm... No. Send 'em a message.

The DUATS login is somewhat redundant, though - It'll fetch all the data from DUATS and get briefings even if you don't have your account information in there.

The DUATS login is somewhat redundant, though - It'll fetch all the data from DUATS and get briefings even if you don't have your account information in there.

But can you file?

But is it logged as a "legal" briefing (whatever that really means)?

Apparently I copied my "photos" (screenshots) off of my iPad 1 tracking just fine above 300 kts from the aisle seat of an ERJ a little while back... I'll have to see if they're in iPhoto on the MacBook or if I deleted them.

Apparently I copied my "photos" (screenshots) off of my iPad 1 tracking just fine above 300 kts from the aisle seat of an ERJ a little while back... I'll have to see if they're in iPhoto on the MacBook or if I deleted them.

Here is mine...

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0018.jpg
    IMG_0018.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 62
Cool. Did you get the route off FlightAware before takeoff or something?

Yeah...I always send the flightaware links to my wife before I take off, so I still had it up in my browser.

I couldn't ever get the internal GPS to lock on the flight back from DEN to LNK. That said, we spent 3.6 hours in the debonair this last weekend and I had a great lock (5m accuracy) the entire flight.

Yeah...I always send the flightaware links to my wife before I take off, so I still had it up in my browser.

I couldn't ever get the internal GPS to lock on the flight back from DEN to LNK. That said, we spent 3.6 hours in the debonair this last weekend and I had a great lock (5m accuracy) the entire flight.
Now, if you say that was at 300+ knots!... :)

+1 ... I won't make suggestions on how to fix, but WAY to sensitive. Seems I pop up the waypoint box a couple dozen times every time I open FF. Love the app and this isn't a killer, but this recent change is a step in the wrong direction IMHO.

+10000 on this. We were trying to look something up last night and every time we got a finger close to the screen that box popped up. It needs to be fixed.

+2. What a PITA. Lot's of inadvertant waypoint popups. Roll this one back. (email sent too.)

Yep. Just got an email back saying that 4.0.2 will roll this back to a press and hold instead of a single tap :rockon:

And, ForeFlight 4.0.2 is available in the App Store now. I think there's a preference for this now so you can have it behave either way.

Back