Foreflight “need xxx space to decompress”

crash7

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Crash7
Just today Foreflight is throwing me this when I try to download an update.

07521166c5cdbcf4393e8f7c2d8ab500.jpg

I have only used 53gb of a 256gb iPad. Plenty of room. Running iOS 15.2. Old, I know. But why now?

Foreflight ‘support’ of course says to update iOS. Claims the old iOS Miss Reeds the amount of data storage required. Interesting that it didn’t do this last month.

Anyone else? Or am I the only old iOS dinosaur?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Interesting that the Foreflight support page says that iOS 15 and up is supported for the current version of Foreflight. That apparently is a lie.

Why not at least update to the latest version of release 15?

If FF supports 15, that means the latest version of 15.

Interesting that the Foreflight support page says that iOS 15 and up is supported for the current version of Foreflight. That apparently is a lie.

When they say they support 15, that means 15.8….not some backlevel version.

100% agree - I just sent the same email to a customer. Current major and minor version and last release of last major version. All other bug reports are rejected.

Easy fix. Go into downloads and select the red delete button. Then select "delete expired." If that does not work for you, make sure you have worldwide terrain or high resolution terrain turned off. Retry it after that.

I need space to decompress after every work day.

Easy fix. Go into downloads and select the red delete button. Then select "delete expired." If that does not work for you, make sure you have worldwide terrain or high resolution terrain turned off. Retry it after that.
That plus just repeatedly restarting the download has gotten it done on my 64gb mini. I’m waiting for the next one to come out before I upgrade.

I’m guessing foreflight is downloading a compressed(think zip) file and then extracting it and deleting the compressed one after installation. At least that would explain why it needs more space to download/install.

At work I oversee our EFB program (A061). We have some EFB's running iOS 12.5 on Foreflight. I think I have had to figure out every trick in the book to keep things running.

When I got my iPhone 7, I made the mistake of getting the minimum amount of memory. In the past few years, I had to cut way back on the charts I keep on it, and update them one at a time. When I got my current iPad Mini, I may have over-corrected by getting the maximum memory it will hold!

Back