Fore Flight Fuel Error

MD11Pilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MD11Pilot
Fore Flight Fuel Price Error

Not really and error on their part but I flew to KLZZ (Lampasas) TX today to fuel up as they showed the lowest prices in the region. $3.70...pumped in 45 gallons and the receipt showed $3.95. I emailed Foreflight with an update. As the "warning" says..."check with the FBO for the exact price".

Last edited:
Not really and error on their part but I flew to KLZZ (Lampasas) TX today to fuel up as they showed the lowest prices in the region. $3.70...pumped in 45 gallons and the receipt showed $3.95. I emailed Foreflight with an update. As the "warning" says..."check with the FBO for the exact price".

Ha ha! Biching about paying under $4/gal for gas :)

ForeFlight reports fuel prices of thousands of airports and one is off by twenty cents constitutes an error on Foreflight's part? Did you ask them to credit your account $9 too? Your title is a bit dramatic, IMHO.

Well since the fuel price was listed incorrectly and I emailed Foreflight and received a return thanks for the update and I tried to pass the information along to my fellow pilots...and your the only one with his panties in a wad...I will always run all posts by you for your approval since you seem to have appointed yourself as king of this board.

I would suggest you learn to spell also.

Doesn't Foreflight, like Airnav.com, largely consist ONLY of user updates, like a wikipedia page? There are some FBOs that will officially update their fuel prices, but at most places the price that it shows is whatever the last person who updated it put in. So if it's been a month since anyone visited there and updated it, well, the price is likely incorrect.

The way you updated the price is exactly how they get the information in the first place.

From the title, I thought you were going to say that the fuel quantity calculation was wrong. Although I think someone is responsible for looking at the results from any calculation source and make sure it makes sense, an error in fuel quantity requirement vs. fuel price error is quite dramatic IMHO. A miscalculated fuel quantity could be life threatening if one took the calculation without question, while a difference in fuel price is not life threatening.

That's just the way I look at it.

BTW, I love Lampasas. I had many friends there when I was growing up. My Grandma moved to Lampassas from San Saba when I was about thirteen. A wonderful part of the country.

Doesn't Foreflight, like Airnav.com, largely consist ONLY of user updates, like a wikipedia page? There are some FBOs that will officially update their fuel prices, but at most places the price that it shows is whatever the last person who updated it put in. So if it's been a month since anyone visited there and updated it, well, the price is likely incorrect.

The way you updated the price is exactly how they get the information in the first place.
Yup, that's my understanding too. Personally, if the fuel price on FF is over a week old, I check other sources, especially AirNav, before fueling up "in the blind".

I checked FltPlan.com and they got it wrong too. Only AirNav seems to have the correct price.

When I need fuel (like tonight), I usually fly with my buddy to Taylor for a Dead Cow (burger) or Roadkill (chicken ... or it tastes like chicken anyway). Their price is still pretty good these days. Fuel went up drastically since the spring. Bummer.

I find that Foreflight typically lags about a week or two behind at my airport. Even if I submit an update for it, it still takes a week to see the update. I don't depend on the prices that they show. If I'm that concerned about it, I'll call and double check.

Not foreflight fault, BTW nice price on go juice!

Back