For Chipotle lovers

I've never set foot in one, so I looked them up online. Closest location to me is 70mi away, so it won't happen soon.

I've never set foot in one, so I looked them up online. Closest location to me is 70mi away, so it won't happen soon.

Same here.... I just looked..... the closest one to me is 198 miles away....

Last edited:
So, what is Sofritas any way? Can't find it on Chipotle's website menu.

David

Sofritas is tofu, dude.

When I lived in the southwest I ate at tiendas all the time. They were yummy as could be, and I was always happy to help a ma and pa store versus a giant chain. That said, such places tend to be a bit thin in the colder snowier parts of the US. Were they here I'd never even look at a chain restaurant. But they aren't. The Bell, Chipotle, Moe's, Qdoba and other chains are certainly no match for the little tiendas of the southwest. But we ain't got 'em here.

Texmex......blauuuugghh. Gringo mex is more like it. Give me any hole in the wall in SoCal that end in 'bertos. Now we are talking real Mexican.

You're kidding yourself if you think Chipoltle is "healthy." It may be healthier than other fast-food, but that's not saying much. They're marketing team has done a great job positioning themselves as a nutritious meal. For their average meal, you just about hit your entire days worth of recommended sodium intake. Mmmm, healthy.

You're kidding yourself if you think Chipoltle is "healthy." It may be healthier than other fast-food, but that's not saying much. They're marketing team has done a great job positioning themselves as a nutritious meal. For their average meal, you just about hit your entire days worth of recommended sodium intake. Mmmm, healthy.

No biggie to me. I have these neat things called kidneys.

So I Googled Qdoba. They do not appear to have any in California.

There are several in SoCal but they're not worth a drive, even if it's just down the block. :D

Nauga,
from the carniceria

No help to you up north, but there's one here in El Segundo, been here awhile.

I rank Qdoba lower than Taco Bell. Blecch.

Had Chipootl for lunch. mmmmm sodium. :D

Since the start of this thread, I have only eaten about one meal a day for the last week, all after 7 PM, and each one with the exception of tonight has been Chipotle. I can attest that burger king is much worse. Have not eaten this much fast food maybe ever in my life before

Back