Food

I'm eating some type of meat or meat by-product that I killed in the back yard. I can't tell what it is, but I think its some type of mammal. Never saw this thing before. I'll be eating it solely with my large knife, barbarian style. You know meat on a stick.

Oh yeah, I cooked the meat on an open fire, also in the back yard. THe neighbors have called both the fire and police departments.

Last edited:
Anthony said:
Oh yeah, I cooked the meat on an open fire, also in the back yard. THe neighbors have called both the fire and police departments.

heck with the beef roast, I'm going to CO for dinner.......

I fixed Italian last night. 3 Pepper pork w/Polenta. Peppers were red & yellow bell, Cubanelle (spicy), and Italian Sweet Red. Lots of garlic, onion, rosemary, and 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar. Served with Montepulciano red wine, of course.

Leftovers for lunch today.

Anthony said:
I'm eating some type of meat or meat by-product that I killed in the back yard. I can't tell what it is, but I think its some type of mammal. Never saw this thing before.

Don't forget the dirt seasoning. Very important.

Anthony said:
I'll be eating it solely with my large knife, barbarian style. You know meat on a stick.

That triggers some interesting memories from a backpacking trip a while back.
"What fork? I'm already holding the knife. Mind your fingers." JAB!

Anthony said:

Hmmm. That beats freeze dried lasanga camp food on thanksgiving anyday.

Len Lanetti said:
I was doing very well on South Beach...then Thanksgiving...
Len

I ended up loosing 6 lbs during Thanksgiving. I weighed in at the doctors office the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, and went back Monday after Thanksgiving and was down 6 lbs. YIPPEEEE!!!!!

Then again I ate less than 1/2 of what I put on my plate. Also I think the Peanut Butter & Jelly Sandwich that I ate at 3 pm helped. So I was not starving during dinner. No dessert either. But then again I did not want all that sweet stuff.

DeeG said:
heck with the beef roast, I'm going to CO for dinner.......

Hmmm, you may want to reconsider. It turned out to be the neighbors cat. Tastes just like chicken. Boy are they p*ssed.

Yes I'm kidding!!! :)

Last edited:
I was perusing the User CP when I noticed someone gave me negative repuation points for my post about food... so to redeem myself...

Super Bowl Food!

My mom made "Mrs. Doherty's Cheeseburgers" and I made Brats boiled in beer.

Eight beautiful fresh bratwurst from Pekarski Sausage in Deerfield, MA:

55322384-M.jpg

A 7 month old 4 pack of beer I found in my downstairs closet (I haven't the foggiest how it got there), for boiling the brats in:

55322386-M.jpg

Brats, onions, garlic, coriander, Frank's Hot Sauce, salt, paprika, white pepper, and nutmeg, simmering away (30 minute simmer / 1 hour rest / 5-6 minutes on a blazingly hot grill)

55322387-M.jpg

I brought in the platter of 8 brats, went across the room to get my camera, and 3 were left when I returned. All of 30 seconds.

55322390-M.jpg

My brat: Extra spicy horseradish mustard, pickled bananna peppers, brat, and french roll. YUM!

55322391-M.jpg

A Mrs. Doherty's Cheeseburger. Not for those with heart problems, indigestion, or a fear of beef:

55322397-M.jpg

Just so you can tell how big one is...

55322398-M.jpg

The good food made up for the terrible superbowl (Congrats Steelers, kill the refs)....

Cheers,

-Andrew

OK, Andrew, now you've done it.

I can't wait for baseball season. Brats in the ballpark....

astanley said:
I was perusing the User CP when I noticed someone gave me negative repuation points for my post about food...

I was about to give you negative rep for reviving an old, multi-page, non-aviation thread, but I'd have to give you positive rep for the beer brats so it's a wash anyway. ;) :D

astanley said:
A Mrs. Doherty's Cheeseburger. Not for those with heart problems, indigestion, or a fear of beef:

-Andrew
I think my cholesterol went up a few points just looking at it. Drool.

Back