FlyQ users...POA Floq

ChemGuy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ChemGuy
Have you flyq users seen the new log book they added in this latest version? They have a new logbook function (floq) that allows flight following. The idea is your friends can see your log book flight including map of flight, pictures you linked to that log entry etc. You can ask them questions about airports they went to, ie. How was runway? Crew car? Etc.
So it's kind of like strava and social networking for pilots.

I haven't added anything to the log book since I'm not flying much...but with my new plane that will change.

So...does anyone else use flyq and want to start following???

I use FlyQ but won’t be active until I move back to the States. But I am hopefully flying in August so I could try it out.

Just did a flight using 4.0. The new flight log is cool. I don’t do any social media so not sure if anything will be shared, but it gives automatic graphs of ground speed and altitude for the flight which is cool. Also tracks landings, day vs night, etc. lots of stuff to unpack.
Probably works better on a tablet and computer than phone as well.

I don't do social media, and the last thing I really want to do is share my trip details with people outside of my sphere.

I'm waiting for a bit to upgrade. I hate being a pioneer. They're the ones with the arrows in their backs.

You can turn the sharing setting to off very easily. Not sure if you can prevent it updating, mine did automatically upon opening

Damnit. Mine's already updated without me asking. So much for not being a pioneer.
Oops.
If you watch the video on the new log features you can see how to turn off any chance of sharing info.

Damnit. Mine's already updated without me asking. So much for not being a pioneer.
Don’t worry, my pioneer ancestors made it across the prairie without any arrows in their backs. You’ll be fine.

Long time FlyQ user. The logbook addition is interesting. But it doesn’t seem to track currency or am I missing something?

Have you flyq users seen the new log book they added in this latest version? They have a new logbook function (floq) that allows flight following. The idea is your friends can see your log book flight including map of flight, pictures you linked to that log entry etc. You can ask them questions about airports they went to, ie. How was runway? Crew car? Etc.
So it's kind of like strava and social networking for pilots.

I haven't added anything to the log book since I'm not flying much...but with my new plane that will change.

So...does anyone else use flyq and want to start following???
Yes, I (sometimes) use FlyQ.
No, I'm not in the least bit interested in turning my EFB into a social media vehicle.

So far I am fairly unimpressed by 4.0. It does not pick up my flights accurately in the new Flights tab. My 3 hour leg on Saturday it called 1 hour and 15 minutes but correctly had it at 350nm. My Archer does not go anywhere near 270 knots!

Back