FlyQ 4.0 Red Barn

GLMS_NC

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rick
Anyone attend the Webinar the other day? If so, what did you think? 4.0 product should be out shortly.

I have to say social platform wrapped around FlyQ doesn’t excite me. How about better flight planning tools and Garmin Connect support?

Yep, I was on the webinar. I liked the new features, but not really for the social aspects, just for the flight logging. I fly with an Avidyne IFD 440 so FlyQ connects to that nicely. I also have Garmin Pilot, really haven't left it just for the logbook feature.

I didn't see anything in the webinar that excited me. But I guess I'm kind of old school in looking at my EFB as a flight planning and in-flight tool. Logbooks, social media connections, and a lot of the other bells and whistles I see in this and other apps get a "ho hum" response from me.

The flight logging looks somewhat interesting actually.
The cfi endorsement tool also seemed useful. I know it would have been really nice during my training a couple of times.
The social thing might be fun as it can be customized for privacy as you see fit.

Now that it's there, hopefully they'll focus on more critical things like reliability, adding W&B, etc., which they say they are going to....
Hard to beat their pricing, especially as a student or cfi.

Garmin won’t let them connect to their thing, so forget about that one. If garmin did, I will switch in a jiffy. And yah they need to get the flight logging feature and w&b.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is the reference to Red Barn meaning?

Fun fact: Boeing’s corporate flight department callsign is “Red Barn”

Back