Flying to New-York tie down informations

Leo

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Leo
I Emailed 12 FBO just trying to find out tie down information,FBO do not publish those informations.

Everybody has their favorite way in and out of Manathan,Ironically there are many choices but none are great.It’s getting harder to find out ,about ramp fees,during preflight.

I make a list for the cost off 2 nights at those FBO around NY, prices are for a single engine piston PA28 piper.

KHPN Westchester (FBO Million air)

Avgas: $7.31
Ramp and overnight fee:$26
Landing fee: $5
Facility fee: $5
Overnight parking fee: $0
waive one night of ramp fee ($26) minimum of 15 gallons of fuel.
  • Million air provide shuttle to (15 min) train station North white plains where you can take a 45min train to Penn Station
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $110 fuel
  • Landing $5 facility $5 overnight $26
  • Totals. $146

KTEB Teterboro (FBO meridian)
Avgas $7.44
Ramp and overnight fee: $55
Landing fee: $18 $7.78 per thousand pounds.
Ramp and overnight fee $55 waived with a 15 gal fuel purchase.
  • Uber ( 15 min $40 to Midtown ) or 2 min walk to bus stop Us-46 At Industrial Ave/Holister Rd where you can take a 30min bus ride to Midtown
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $111 fuel
  • Landing $18 overnight $55
  • Totals. $184

KMMU Morristown (FBO FTC)
Avgas: $6.33
Ramp fee:$30
Landing fee: $0
Overnight parking fee: $20
Ramp fee $30 waived with 20 gallons of fuel.
No landing fee between the hours of 06H45 to 22H45 for single engine aircraft.
  • Uber 3 miles( 7min $8) to train station Convent where you can take a 70min train ride to penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15gal $95fuel
  • Landing $0 overnight $40 ramp fee $30
  • Totals. $165

KCDW Caldwell Essex County (FBO Air bound)
Avgas: $5.94
Ramp fee:$25
Landing fee: $7
Ramp fee is $25 which is waived with fuel purchase
  • Uber ride (2miles 5min $8) to bus stop Rt. 46 E. at Fairfield Rd, where you can take a 30 min bus ride to Port Authority terminal Manathan.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $89 fuel
  • Landing $7 overnight $40
  • Totals. $136

KLDJ Linden
Avgas: $6.90
Ramp fee:$0
Landing fee:$15
Landings fee $15 waived with a 25 gal fuel purchase

-Uber ride (5 min $8) or 35 min walk to linden station where you can take a 30min train station to Penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $104fuel
  • Landing $15 overnight $20
  • Totals. $139 si met 25 gal c’est -$15

47N Central Jersey Regional
Avgas: $4.35
No ramp fee
No landing fee,
Overnight parking fee:$10
  • Uber ride (12min $10) to Bound brock station where you can take a 1H15 train station to Penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $65fuel
  • Landing $ 0 overnight $10
  • Totals. $75

N07 Lincoln park
Avgas: $5.29
No ramp fee: $0
No landing fee:$0
Overnight parking fee:$0
1 1/2 miles walk to the bus station and 50min bus drive to Manathan or Uber $50 to Manathan. Note:bus frequency every 2h.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $79 fuel
  • Landing $0 overnight $0
  • Totals. $79

KFRG Farmingdale Long Island (Sheltair)
Avgas: $6.66
Ramp fee:$0 no ramp fee
Landing fee: approximately $2.00 per 1,000 lbs.
Overnight parking fee: $25
Daily parking fee:$10
Daily Parking fee $10.00 will be waived with the purchase of 10 min. gallons
  • Sheltair provide shuttle (10min) to train station Farmingdale where you can take a 45min train to Penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $100 fuel
  • Landing $5 overnight $50
  • Totals. $155

KFRG Farmingdale (Republic jet Center)
Avgas: $6.14
Ramp fee:$25
Ramp fee $25 will be waived with the purchase of 15 min. gallon
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $92 fuel
  • Landing $5 overnight $40
  • Totals. $137

KSIP Long Island Mac Arthur ( FBO Hawthorne)
Avgas: $5.62
Ramp fee:$0 non ramp fee
Overnight parking fee: $35
$35 parking fee waived with the purchase of 10 gallons of fuel.
  • Uber (7min $8) to Ronkonkoma LIRR train station where you can take a 1H20train station to Penn Station
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $84 fuel
  • Landing $5 overnight $35
  • Totals. $124

KHWV Brookhaven airport Long Island (FBO Northeast)
Avgas: $6.09 SS:$5.50
Landing fee:$0
Overnight parking fee: $15
First night free with fuel purchase
  • Uber (2 miles 5 min $8) to the train station Mastic Shirley where you can take a 1H20 train to Penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $91 fuel
  • Landing $0 overnight $15
  • Totals. $106

KFOK Francis S Gabreski Airport (FBO Sheltair)
Avgas: SS:$6.90
Landing fee:$5
Overnight parking fee: $15
Parking Fee: $15.00 waived with a minimum of 10 gallons
Overnight Fee: $15.00 per night (cannot be waived with purchase of fuel)
  • Uber (2.5 miles 6min $9) to the train station Westhampton where you can take a 2H00 train to Penn Station.
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $104 fuel
  • Landing $5 overnight $30
  • Totals. $139

Enjoy
Leo

Just wanted to say... thank you for sharing the info.

Very nice. Thanks for posting.

Note the train from North White Plains (HPN) would go to Grand Central Terminal not Penn Station.

I am based at HPN and there are two FBO's there, Million Air and Ross West. Both accommodate light GA aircraft (I have my Tiger on the ramp at Ross West). Getting into NYC is easy, also Ross West has Go Rentals for cars that are very reasonable.

Not going to NY anytime really soon, but this type of info is VERY appreciated by the GA community. Thanks for this!

On the same note, adding helpful comments to Foreflight and Airnav types of places is also appreciated when anything out of the very ordinary is encountered.

N07 is my default when I have to go down there for something.

Not only is it a public airport that is actually open to the public without charging, which in itself isn't quite right, but it also has a good vibe and a nice bar/restaurant and no security or uppitie types.

+1 for Ross West at KHPN. $20 overnight parking, AvGas is about the same as the other outlets on the field and ramp fees ($40) are waived with 7 gals or more of fuel. That's my goto heading into the city.

How about ISP?
KISP is there!you need my glasses! Hihi....

KSIP Long Island Mac Arthur ( FBO Hawthorne)
Avgas: $5.62
Ramp fee:$0 non ramp fee
Overnight parking fee: $35
$35 parking fee waived with the purchase of 10 gallons of fuel.

• Uber (7min $8) to Ronkonkoma LIRR train station where you can take a 1H20train station to Penn Station
  • Cost for 2 night :
  • 15 gal $84 fuel
  • Landing $5 overnight $35
  • Totals. $124

As someone who lives in the area, KISP is my preference, mainly because it’s close to a LIRR station that has very good NYC service - express trains every 15 minutes or so during peak times. Plus, there are lots of “big airport” services like car rental, etc. Note that the Class C there is likely to add a little time to the average flight...at peak times, I’ve waited half an hour between start of taxi and departure. Mid-Island (aka NY Jet) is also at KISP and may be a better choice than Sheltair.

KHWV is inexpensive and an easy non-towered airport, but it’s significantly further from NYC and a long ride to any railroad station with reasonable service to NYC. Some of the rail lines out that way are 1.5 to 2 hours between trains depending on the time of day.

Just my two-cents worth...

Reactions: Leo
Looking at the airport diagram for KMMU and there is a General Aviation parking area, is that free parking or airport parking (aka non-FBO)?

N07 was closed due to a snow storm, so I’m at the FBO at KMMU. Wanting to know for next time.

N07 is a good little airport (I learned to fly there) but if you need to depart, MMU or CDK with their 2 runways would serve you better. Also, both have reasonable access to public transit.

Merci bien pour ces renseignements. Normalement, depuis longtemps, j'ai trouvé Meridian at KTEB le meilleur choix.

Back