Flying to Cuba?

whistleblower

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
whistleblower
Looking for pireps to Cuba. Has anyone been? I know they just relaxed certain restrictions.

What airport? Is there an FBO? Any other tips for leaving a single engine piston on tie-down for a few days?

Did customs hassle you coming back into the US?

Any and all comments (minus anything political) welcomed.

There's a recent thread with links to accounts of a trip. Try the Search feature.

Looking for pireps to Cuba. Has anyone been? I know they just relaxed certain restrictions.

What airport? Is there an FBO? Any other tips for leaving a single engine piston on tie-down for a few days?

Did customs hassle you coming back into the US?

Any and all comments (minus anything political) welcomed.

*very* detailed trip report here: http://forums.aopa.org/showthread.php?t=96510

Not that it really answers your question but I flew (actually sat) right seat into Gitmo once on a company Citation to repair the #2 thrust reverser on a stranded L-1011. Damn PIC wouldn't let me fly.

Not that it really answers your question but I flew (actually sat) right seat into Gitmo once on a company Citation to repair the #2 thrust reverser on a stranded L-1011. Damn PIC wouldn't let me fly.

Flown into Gitmo quite a few times as well. Didn't realize how big that base really is!

Flown into Gitmo quite a few times as well. Didn't realize how big that base really is!

Just don't tell them you're hungry, I hear they have some odd ideas on how to feed people :lol:

Now that there are companies,that will handle all the paperwork. It's becoming more of a possibility GA will be making the trip.

Unfortunately, I never got a chance to leave the ramp area. Sucked. Were you flying there while in the military, charter or what?

A story from back in the day.

I was stationed at NAAS Anderws In DC,
The C-119 would run the mail to Getmo on a Friday morning.
I worked Sunday mid shift to Thursday midnight. So I'd grab a ride down to Getmo, for a days liberty in Havana.
Those were great times. A 5$ bill was a weeks liberty with every thing in a sailor's imagination.

that all stopped a year later

Last edited:
Back