Flying myself to SimCom - MCO?

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
Hi all,

I know there must be plenty of people out there who have gone to SimCom. Any of you fly yourselves there? Did you go to KMCO? Was it a good experience? I'm seeing pretty positive reviews, and it's obviously very convenient.

Thanks for any intel!

What type of training are you looking to do there?

I'd try comparing prices for parking at ORL (Executive) or ISM (Kissimmee) vs. MCO and see what they can do for you. Good luck with the training!

I'd try comparing prices for parking at ORL (Executive) or ISM (Kissimmee) vs. MCO and see what they can do for you. Good luck with the training!

Thanks! It looks like KORL's fees are as bad or worse than KMCO, while KISM is only slightly better. And in the grand scheme of primary class B airports, KMCO seems pretty reasonable: $20/night, $18.50 security fee, and $40 handling fee waived with fuel purchase at Atlantic.

Have you asked SimCom? I think they may have some discount rates with some of the FBO’s. Also, It’s been a while since I’ve used them, but in the past Kissimmee Jet Center was pretty cheap and got you a good deal on a rental car as well.

I always factor in total costs, not just fuel and ramp, along with my time costs, into where I park.

How long will you be there?

How close are you staying?

Are you looking to do other stuff besides the course while you are there?

If I was just there a few days and staying by MCO, I'd just pay the MCO tax.

Last couple of years I have flown into ORL. Parked at Sheltair. They had discounts if you are going to SimCom. I don’t remember the specifics. Great service.
I will be going there again this year.

Back