Flying Magazine - newsletter and website are poor

Jesuit or Franciscan High School?
19+ years of public schooling. I'll let someone else make the joke about 6th grade being the best 3 years of my life.

Nauga,
who had to take his shoes off to make this post

19+ years of public schooling. I'll let someone else make the joke about 6th grade being the best 3 years of my life.

Nauga,
who had to take his shoes off to make this post

Good thing it wasn't more than 21 years.

Oh that has been long time debunked as an irrelevant metric with which to gauge aggregate demand. Too many externalities to list, but the large ones are low rent-ROI for the holders of ever inflating metropolitan CBD-centric airport real estate forcing an artificial supply constriction, and rampant non-aviation storage use being cheaper at the airport than dedicated-use facilities meant for the latter.

I once had a guy come into my office who spoke exactly like this. I think he was trying to engage us in a partnership. I let him talk for 10 minutes. I stopped him and told him he had been talking for 10 minutes and I had no idea what he was trying to communicate. I then asked him to leave. I never did figure out what it was he was looking for.

Yeah buddy. Mercedarian gradeschool, then Franciscan high school up in hezee. Good times /s.
I appreciated your note about agnosticism, similar experience here. Odd the effect is (and we'll leave it at that!). I appreciated my education though, both damaging and enlightening at the same time. Sort of dead-poets-society esq my school was

I then asked him to leave
haha yeah, people must be admonished for speaking eloquently. Ah, big words - leave!

Most of you surely (insert Leslie Nielsen joke) have read Fate is the Hunter. The writing style has many 'big' words and the prose is not your usual 'then I went flying, then we saw a big storm, it was scary' - it actually conveys a story using appropriate language. Surprised that a community focused on a hobby that usually necessitates greater than average intellectual capabilities is having such a hard time with hindsight's word choice. It's also interesting that most (all?) of my english-as-second-language friends actually have a superior vocabulary than my native speaking ones

Also reminds me of

Surprised that a community focused on a hobby that usually necessitates greater than average intellectual capabilities is having such a hard time with hindsight's word choice.

I find it’s not @hindsight2020 ’s word choice that makes reading him difficult for me; it’s his syntax. I certainly understand the words but they sometimes appear in an unusual order, so I have to read him a bit carefully (and sometimes re-read) to figure out which noun an adjective is modifying or what a pronoun references.

That’s not unusual in someone who’s learned to think in a different language and comes to English later.

haha yeah, people must be admonished for speaking eloquently. Ah, big words - leave
"Big words" are neither necessary nor sufficient to demonstrate eloquence.

Nauga,
who will make you an offer you can't understand

"Big words" are neither necessary nor sufficient to demonstrate eloquence.

Nauga,
who will make you an offer you can't understand
certainly not, but correctly using a term that less people are familiar with shouldn't be met with immediate disdain. I enjoyed hindsight's post(s)

You guys ever listen to 'A Way with Words' ? They used to be on right after Car Talk.. if I forgot to shut the radio I ended up with it. It was a good show. Not sure if it's still on anymore

Back