Flying into KLAS

MetalCloud

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
MetalCloud
When I land after my 140kt final, what FBO do you all recommend?

It's like being asked whether you'd like to be poked in the eye or kicked in the nuts, but I tend to think that Atlantic is the lesser of the two evils in this case.

That said, both facilities are nice. Call ahead and get some pricing in the off chance that I'm being unfair to Signature.

I think I went to signature with my Cherokee at KLAS twice. They were great even though I was the only single engine prop at the FBO. You pay for the convenience. Signature is also on the south end of runway 01L, so it was a short taxi from and to 01L.

About 8 years ago, I pondered this very thing. We were going to vegas for a weekend, and Atlantic was 65 bucks for the weekend. HND was 10 bucks, but a 35 dollar each way cab ride.. Wish we had just stayed at LAS

Signature worked well a year ago for me. They have a free shuttle to the hotels too. Cheaper than HND+cab.

Yeah the fuel at signature will be much more expensive than HND but the convenience factor and the "sweet I just flew into Las Vegas" factor are doing it for me....

Yeah the fuel at signature will be much more expensive than HND but the convenience factor and the "sweet I just flew into Las Vegas" factor are doing it for me....
you could land there and get fuel at Jean or VGT before departing the area

If you really want to up the coolness factor, fly in at night, the view must be spectacular.

Actually just going to fill up at Signature. Here's why.

Let's say I stop in Jean. And put in 40 gallons. That's a savings of about $146. But… I need to break off my route, join pattern, land, taxi, fill up, taxi, run up, take off….. that’s at least .4 or .5 on the hobbs. Based on hourly rate of the plane and the overall time and effort involved, it’s not worth it.

The ramp/terminal just west of taxiway H between N and S is really nice. First rate service! ;)

Why is it that everyone says to avoid Signature, but the only folks to have actually been used Signature?

I discussed the service I got at KLAS Atlantic in my second post on this thread. Can't comment on Signature so I won't ;)

Back