Flying from KSUT to KISM

0Bobby

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bobby
I am planning on flying vfr from KSUT to KISM in a Diamond DA40. I plotted a course cutting across the ocean off the coast of the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida. I see there are warning off the coast. Do I need to avoid these areas, or can I fly through them? I can't find much information on the internet about these areas. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Bobby.

I am planning on flying vfr from KSUT to KISM in a Diamond DA40. I plotted a course cutting across the ocean off the coast of the Carolinas, Georgia, and Florida. I see there are warning off the coast. Do I need to avoid these areas, or can I fly through them? I can't find much information on the internet about these areas. Any help or insight would be appreciated. Bobby.
Although legal, I certainly wouldn't do it. I have flown that route IFR quite often, and ATC keeps us well clear when the warning areas are active.

Although legal, I certainly wouldn't do it. I have flown that route IFR quite often, and ATC keeps us well clear when the warning areas are active.

Geez, it is just a little bit of water.... With that attitude , you would NEVER fly in the Rocky Mountains where the peaks are 14,000 and the next airport is 100 miles... Ya gotta have faith in your aircraft.. IMHO..

Thanks.

My modified route is KSUT KCRE KJZI KBQK KCRG KISM. I do have to cross Beaufort 1 MOA and W-74 at 4,500 ft.

Geez, it is just a little bit of water.... With that attitude , you would NEVER fly in the Rocky Mountains where the peaks are 14,000 and the next airport is 100 miles... Ya gotta have faith in your aircraft.. IMHO..
There are active warning areas.. It's not because of the water. I have flown New York to St Kitts all water.

I've also flown to nearly every airport in the Rockies.

If the warning areas are active, ATC will not clear you through them.

Yup....

If the OP files direct and nothing is active, he saves a few hundred miles... if they are active, he reverts to his latest route...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...;)

Usually you can get something like CHS BEANO OMN which cuts the corner a bit.

You can fly direct if you want...however once feet dry on FL...
You WILL go west of MCO.

I've flown that area 20-25 times VFR IRF 4K--FL220

I'd Fly V1, V437 to KIZER...past KIZER you are gonna get radar vectors...whether IFR or VFR + FF.

Last edited:
On the Jet Charts...just west of V437 off of GA/FL border

That's it.. Quite often, shortly after CHS, I have been given BEENO to cut the corner while still remaining clear of the warning areas.

Flew it today! Was about 100 miles off coast. Was talking with sea lord center and they just informed the fighters and the one heavy who, what(squawk code) and about where i was. No big deal. However I was on a ifr plan in class a.

Back