Flying Friday the 13th

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Flew this morning wind 7KT 5000 OVC on takeoff. Within 30 minutes wind 15G25KTand snow showers . Indicated airspeed 110KT ground speed 140KT. I was sort of laughing. Had fun, nailed the landing. PITA putting the cabin cover back on..:happydance:

Last edited:
Ya, figured at altitude.

I was at 5000 going to Sitka and picked up a trace of ice and snow, in the clouds, in August last year.

Hope I can find work in Juneau next summer, I sure enjoyed it up there.

Flew a rescue dog across Missouri yesterday to KC. He was a very sweet GSD. It was a good day to fly here once the early-morning fog lifted.

"Fkying Friday the 13th"

Based on the typo in the title, I was expecting a different type of aviation activity.

Moving on now.

Hope I can find work in Juneau next summer, I sure enjoyed it up there.
Come April when the tourist show up the part 135 guys fly their butts off until the end of September. My wife has a friend that fly's for Sea Planes, he sure was glad to see the last cruse ship leave..:) If you get up here your invited over for a BBQ, burn some chicken on the grill and drink a few beers...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I had a dual flight yesterday to reestablish rental currency in a 182 after not flying one for three years. My first landing attempted resulted in a vigorous bounce, from which I did a go around. :redface: Subsequent landings were progressively better. Visibility was reduced to 4 - 5 miles due to smoke from the north bay fires, so during the air work, I had to choose a close-in visual landmark for the steep turns.

I went up. New fork, axel, tire on the Velocity test flight. Didn't realize it was Friday the 13th though. Went well despite being the 13th.

Flew for the first time in a month to a local airport to get an avionics quote. Landings sucked. I knew I was high and fast for the first one, should of gone around. Boy did I land long. Coming back I was number two for landing and lost sight of number one. By the time I knew I was cleared to land I'd blown past the runway. Must have been the first go around I've done in that aircraft in awhile. Next time I'm sucking up the gear for the go around. Thing climbs like a dog with the gear out.

Thing climbs like a dog with the gear out.
Glad it worked out. For me due to the wind gusts I planned 5KTs faster than normal speed on final it worked out very nice. I made a better landing in the gusty conditions than I have on some calm days.

Was not concerned re Fri 13th in my flight planning Bar Harbor ME to Abingdon VA - WX did not cooperate. Low ceilings and IMC METARS forced my leaving plane at Allentown and longazz car rental home so Teresa would not miss work obligations. Oh well, got halfway there flying. Safely.
Need that IR.

I purchased parts, hope those parts are not issues based on date of order.

Back