Flying Dogs for a Living

I'm just merely interested in the cultural byproduct that it created on our work dynamics, which remain to today.

With apologies to Ice-T, I feel a major airline job is a situation where where it’s entirely permissible to hate the playa and not the game. The job gives us incredible flexibility to create a work/life balance well suited to our home lives, and many of us continually screw it up in a quest to make more money - be it through open time/premium whoring, taking the first available upgrade, widebody, etc.

We’re consistently our own worst enemies here.

Reactions: Ted
My job is a dream come true, but it took a lot of years, not to mention a lot of blood, sweat and tears to get there. That is also true for many other careers outside of aviation.

The attitude folks have going in will play a big role in how things turn... out.

With apologies to Ice-T, I feel a major airline job is a situation where where it’s entirely permissible to hate the playa and not the game. The job gives us incredible flexibility to create a work/life balance well suited to our home lives, and many of us continually screw it up in a quest to make more money - be it through open time/premium whoring, taking the first available upgrade, widebody, etc.

We’re consistently our own worst enemies here.

This applies in other fields, too.

Back