Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Sucks.

Sucks.

Any questions?

Why did you go commercial? Where did you go? Did you read a book on the commercial flight?

I think, technically, Spike, that the word should be "strokes" not "sucks". But that's just semantics. :wink2:

Don't even get me started (and yes, I qualify for PreCheck, but the TSA doesn't allow that if you have any international segments on your itinerary).:mad2::mad2::mad2:

I think, technically, Spike, that the word should be "strokes" not "sucks". But that's just semantics. :wink2:

Don't even get me started (and yes, I qualify for PreCheck, but the TSA doesn't allow that if you have any international segments on your itinerary).:mad2::mad2::mad2:

Even when I am using Global Entry (GOES), which is supposed to make the Customs procedure easier, I will occasionally get flagged by some TSA rocket scientist who says "what's this?". There also trained to recognize GOES

http://www.globalentry.gov/about.html

Last edited:
Even when I am using Global Entry (GOES), which is supposed to make the Customs procedure easier, I will occasionally get flagged by some TSA rocket scientist who says "what's this?"

The Global Entry is run by another agency. You would think that working together they would know what is going on, but sadly that is not the norm for government agencies.

The Global Entry is run by another agency. You would think that working together they would know what is going on, but sadly that is not the norm for government agencies.

Agreed! :mad2:

My brother works for TSA at Boston. All he talks about is how bad management is. He says his crew won't go out of the way to mess with people or give them a hard time, but he says they have been known to troll some problem passengers.

CBP and TSA are both part of the same agency.... DHS

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My agency and others are all part of the Department of Justice, but that doesn't mean we know what the others are doing or what their policies are.

Even when I am using Global Entry (GOES), which is supposed to make the Customs procedure easier, I will occasionally get flagged by some TSA rocket scientist who says "what's this?". There also trained to recognize GOES

Color me confused. Why does any TSA person look over your GOES entry?

I come into immigration, pass through Global Entry, get my little print out, walk through customs and I am outside of security. To go catch a flight I would have to go back through regular security and that would require a boarding pass and ID. No need to show anything associated with my Global Entry at all.

"opt out".

"What?"

"O-p-t -- O-u-t".

"Step into the scanner please."

"O-P-T ---- O-U-T."

"Supervisor to lane 4, supervisor lane 4."
"Sir, you have to step into the scanner now."

glaring look of disdain

"I don't know what's wrong with him, he won't get into the scanner, he just stands there."

"O-p-t -- O-u-t."

radio squelch"Male assist on lane 4 please, we need a male assist lane 4."

"Step through this gate, and follow me."

more glares at the scanner attendant like she was from Neptune as I pass.

"opt out".

"What?"

"O-p-t -- O-u-t".

"Step into the scanner please."

"O-P-T ---- O-U-T."

"Supervisor to lane 4, supervisor lane 4."
"Sir, you have to step into the scanner now."

glaring look of disdain

"I don't know what's wrong with him, he won't get into the scanner, he just stands there."

"O-p-t -- O-u-t."

radio squelch"Male assist on lane 4 please, we need a male assist lane 4."

"Step through this gate, and follow me."

more glares at the scanner attendant like she was from Neptune as I pass.

That could never happen in the USA...:no::nonod::no::nonod::(:yes:

I come into immigration, pass through Global Entry, get my little print out, walk through customs and I am outside of security. To go catch a flight I would have to go back through regular security and that would require a boarding pass and ID. No need to show anything associated with my Global Entry at all.

I know, the issue is TSA should recognize GOES for TSA Pre. http://www.globalentry.gov/tsa.html

They don't understand how it works.....

No need to show anything associated with my Global Entry at all.

Although whether or not you get to go through Pre-check is on your boarding pass barcode, the Global Entry plastic ID is the human readable form of Pre-check eligibility if that airport has line-monitors on the Pre-check line.

The Global Entry ID also qualifies as valid ID for the TSA manning the TDC podium.

And in my experience, if that particular flight nets you unlucky enough to draw a "no pre-check today", the TDC usually doesn't make you go to the back of the regular line, and lets you cut in front to the next available regular TSA screening station.

--Carlos V.

Last edited:
Does it suck?

BTW you occasionally domestic traveler guys make me laugh.

No kidding. :D Yes, my first two trips this year are domestic, but I'll get home from EWR on a Friday night and be off to SYD via SFO the next afternoon. Back to Oz in May, too.

But, TSA is a pain and the pressurized aluminum mailing tubes are no fun. Oh, and we got a cheap enough fare on the trip to SYD that I can't use my global update certs to ride in business class. Rats.

Yeah, Bill, and the 9/11 lesson was to get these organizations in one agency so tehy can share intelligence.

Ya think the problem was that there isn't, and never was, any intelligence in those agencies?

Although whether or not you get to go through Pre-check is on your boarding pass barcode, the Global Entry plastic ID is the human readable form of Pre-check eligibility if that airport has line-monitors on the Pre-check line.

The Global Entry ID also qualifies as valid ID for the TSA manning the TDC podium.

And in my experience, if that particular flight nets you unlucky enough to draw a "no pre-check today", the TDC usually doesn't make you go to the back of the regular line, and lets you cut in front to the next available regular TSA screening station.

--Carlos V.

So, the TSA is not supposed to give you the PreCheck treatment UNLESS the approval is contained in the barcode (and alerted to them with 3 beeps on their scanner). The card is meaningless, except that it may be used as a photo ID at the ID checker stand (and even then, a fair number of TSA people don't know what it is).

Whether you get to go to another line or not depends on the policy at the particular airport. Some will have a separate line for PreCheck only (you can't enter the line until your barcode is scanned), others (like DFW/Term C) you have to wait in the regular priority line (there is no special line) with all the other passengers.

Yeah, Bill, and the 9/11 lesson was to get these organizations in one agency so tehy can share intelligence.

Ya think the problem was that there isn't, and never was, any intelligence in those agencies?

Oh, and we created the Office of DNI, too, to share intelligence. While there is now better cooperation (mostly TSA folks calling CBP when the TSA folks think they have "the big catch"), it's still sorely lacking. At least at the airport.

One of the more humerous signs in the DC area is this one....

George_Bush_Center_for_Intelligence_CIA.JPG

My favorite from te Milwaukee airport

6FA6B029-3F24-4A0C-B786-E6D4CB0E7A8D-2087-000001B4C9367AA7.jpg

-VanDy

Not at my tiny, non-international home airport. They've never seen one and won't accept mine. Yes, I used to argue it, but when the police got involved last time, I decided it wasn't worth going to jail over.

And no PreCheck for international segments is ridiculous. :mad:

Not at my tiny, non-international home airport. They've never seen one and won't accept mine. Yes, I used to argue it, but when the police got involved last time, I decided it wasn't worth going to jail over.

And no PreCheck for international segments is ridiculous. :mad:

I had TSA reject my DHS issues ID and instead demand to see my non-compliant with the national US ID standards driver's license.

TSA = Totally Stupid Asshats!

I LOVE it...Great sense of humor..:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::thumbsup:

Except that MKE is where the TSA had a guy detained by the police and threatened with arrest for writing "Kip Hawley is an Idiot" on his one-quart "freedom ziploc"....

I had TSA reject my DHS issues ID and instead demand to see my non-compliant with the national US ID standards driver's license.

TSA = Totally Stupid Asshats!

I had one at BWI declare that a US Passport was "not a valid ID". Then there was one in another airport not to be named that declared that a passport was REQUIRED for ID because the traveler was going to a New Mexico, and "it's part of Mexico and is a foreign country".

....... Then there was one in another airport not to be named that declared that a passport was REQUIRED for ID because the traveler was going to a New Mexico, and "it's part of Mexico and is a foreign country".

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::goofy::(

So what does TSA stand for? I honestly don't know, but instead of googleing for it decided to figure out what makes sense.
So this is what I got

Terminal Security @$$es

So what does TSA stand for? I honestly don't know, but instead of goggling for it decided to figure out what makes sense.
So this is what I got

Terminal Security @$$es

Thousands Standing Aimlessly

Back