Flying club online calendar/scheduling options

SaltH2OHokie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
Howdy,

Our club uses Yahoo Groups for all of the various online functions (scheduling, uploading mx documents, flight log, etc. etc.) The calendar function has been buggy for individual members in the past, but recently quit working for everyone. What other options are there for a calendar that the ten of us can update, works with iStuff and PC and android, and is free?

Thanks,

We use aircraftclubs.com - they re-wrote and re-deployed a few years ago. Price went up but almost abandoned software got a new life.

The FBO I rent from (technically a large flying club) uses this one:
http://www.aerocalendar.com/

Works well for me so far.

Tim
Mine too. I'm pretty sure it's the only website I've been to in the last 15 years that has a password login web page that's not "https". If you go to "My Profile" it actually displays your password in plane text. Definitely have to use a throw-away password for it.

Mine too. I'm pretty sure it's the only website I've been to in the last 15 years that has a password login web page that's not "https". If you go to "My Profile" it actually displays your password in plane text. Definitely have to use a throw-away password for it.

Yup. And one reason I use lastpass. Generated passwords....

Tim

since you said "and is free" then I would just point over to the evil empire google stuff ...

@EricBe did such a good job with MFB, I wonder if he could do MyFlightClub for this scheduling space...

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions. I say 'free' because we run really lean as a club, but I'll check out the suggested paid services and see what kind of money we're actually talking about.

Thanks again...better than a google search where reviews and recommendations may or may not be genuine.

Our short term solution is a spreadsheet that gets uploaded after each schedule update. Little tedious. If it goes much longer I'm going to suggest 'first come, first served'. If the hangar is empty when you get there, wait at the fuel pump. Plane will show up eventually.

we use aircraftclubs.com It is $12/month per aircraft.
The interface works okay on both iPhone and PC. The scheduling rules are good, you can manage schedules and lock people out of individual aircraft or both when they're having a little trouble paying up.
There support is ****ty. Maybe I'm being too nice about that. They over billed us for months and have yet to rectify the situation to my satisfaction.

For a little more you can go with Greenfolder: http://www.greenfolderonline.com/ and get a better application with better support. It's $40/month but I think that is for for unlimited aircraft. So $16 more for your two plane club.

Thanks for all the replies/suggestions. I say 'free' because we run really lean as a club, but I'll check out the suggested paid services and see what kind of money we're actually talking about.

Thanks again...better than a google search where reviews and recommendations may or may not be genuine.

Our short term solution is a spreadsheet that gets uploaded after each schedule update. Little tedious. If it goes much longer I'm going to suggest 'first come, first served'. If the hangar is empty when you get there, wait at the fuel pump. Plane will show up eventually.
Someone already suggested google. You could easily convert your sheet to a google sheet which would be online and you could give people access to edit it online. a shared google calendar might be another free option.

Yep - convert that spreadsheet to google sheet and share it to the group. Tracks edits, provides online collaboration. Google calendar can also be shared.

Another vote for free Google calendar. It'll have limitations, but for 1-2 planes I think it's decent.

If you're looking for free and lean, just create a Google calendar.

If not, Flight Scheduler Pro.

Howdy,

Our club uses Yahoo Groups for all of the various online functions (scheduling, uploading mx documents, flight log, etc. etc.) The calendar function has been buggy for individual members in the past, but recently quit working for everyone. What other options are there for a calendar that the ten of us can update, works with iStuff and PC and android, and is free?

Thanks,
Hi.
Try flightschedule.com

Back