Flying car with a Chute

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
what else do you want?
https://www.samsonsky.com/specs/

about 160k IFR bird, takes off like a B52 and lands like a Cirrus Vision jet (not kidding, part of their FAQ), has BRS!!

am sold!!

$120,000 and you have to build it? No thank you.
com'on man... you are not seeing the full picture..

you drive out of our garage, go to airport... no pulling out the plane etc.... you do you run up (or not since there is a chute and AOA)
you fly... if the WX turns south... you land at your nearest airport.. drive to the burger shop... no courtesy car ... no FBO hassel.. man this is dream come true

now.... when time comes for annual .... not sure where you take it first... car shop? or to your IA ... who have never seen a flying car!!

:rollercoaster:

com'on man... you are not seeing the full picture..

you drive out of our garage, go to airport... no pulling out the plane etc.... you do you run up (or not since there is a chute and AOA)
you fly... if the WX turns south... you land at your nearest airport.. drive to the burger shop... no courtesy car ... no FBO hassel.. man this is dream come true

now.... when time comes for annual .... not sure where you take it first... car shop? or to your IA ... who have never seen a flying car!!

:rollercoaster:

Except for the fact that many airports have drive through gates and those gates require an access card or at least a code to get in and sometimes out. Those cards are typically only issued to airport tenants. If you want to drive on the ramp, unfold your wings, fly to another airport, fold it back up and drive off then you will be limited to the airports that are total open access. My current home drome is one that would be conducive to it but many if not most are not.

The good thing I guess is that as an EAB, you can do your own annual condition inspection if you have the repairman certificate. So no worries about deciding between Midas or your A&P/IA. I think getting insurance for it will be fun. Who knows?

It might be a good thing for some folks but not for me nor the majority of pilots.

$70K will fund a lot of rental cars...

If it sounds too good to be true...

I thought you were referring to this...
markayers.jpg

Nice presentation ,now we’ll see if it comes to fruition,and at what cost.

Back