Flying at MOCA to airport without IAP

Thank you for the attachment. Is it just me or is the FAA letter fairly "common sense" information ?
Common sense? Seriously? Filing is evidence of intent to violate? Even as an answer to the question as it was written, I think it's the most idiotic opinion I've ever read from the Chief Counsel. Someone once compared it to enshrining thought crime into administrative law, and I agree.

edit: whoops, I should have read farther. Seems we're all on the same page on this one.

Common sense? Seriously? Filing is evidence of intent to violate? Even as an answer to the question as it was written, I think it's the most idiotic opinion I've ever read from the Chief Counsel. Someone once compared it to enshrining thought crime into administrative law, and I agree.

edit: whoops, I should have read farther. Seems we're all on the same page on this one.

whoa, you are like the first person to re-read things before immediately posting references to AFS-911 and Chief Counsel and other crap and talking down to others

whoa, you are like the first person to re-read things before immediately posting references to AFS-911 and Chief Counsel and other crap and talking down to others

Hey, there are those who "wannabe" but never will who must live out their fantasy on the net. Gotta keep up the illusion and all.

What?? :confused: I don't even know who AFS-911 is... :confused:

I was sincerely astonished that you said that letter sounded like common sense. Then palmpilot said essentially what I did, and you agreed with him. Maybe I missed some sarcasm there? Anyway, sorry if you felt I was talking down to you, that was not my intention.

No Azure, the new guy guy with low post count was trying to mock Cap'n Ron

No Azure, the new guy guy with low post count was trying to mock Cap'n Ron

Well, I figured him out and his game almost immediately. Surprised more here have not. Not mocking but calling it like I see it.

What?? :confused: I don't even know who AFS-911 is... :confused:

I was sincerely astonished that you said that letter sounded like common sense. Then palmpilot said essentially what I did, and you agreed with him. Maybe I missed some sarcasm there? Anyway, sorry if you felt I was talking down to you, that was not my intention.

No, you were not the subject of my observations. See Jaybird's remark.

No, you were not the subject of my observations. See Jaybird's remark.
I got the reference to C'Ron, but you quoted me so I thought you were targeting me as well. Glad to have been wrong about that.

Seems to me that regardless of the mockery, CRon stated his position, checked out and then after you guys debated for awhile, you came to the same conclusions.

And it took me forever to read this thread

Seems to me that regardless of the mockery, CRon stated his position, checked out and then after you guys debated for awhile, you came to the same conclusions.

And it took me forever to read this thread
I think I'm the only one in this thread that thinks Ron's position might be legally correct. I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, though.

I think I'm the only one in this thread that thinks Ron's position might be legally correct. I'm not going to lose sleep over it either, though.

Your thinking does not include those that watched from the sidelines.:)

I am flying to an airport without an IAP (2P2). There is an airway that crosses right above the airport with a MOCA of 2100 MSL. If I am above a cloud layer trying to land, is the best solution to get on that airway and ask ATC to clear me to the MOCA to see if I break out of the clouds?

Yep. MEA, MOCA, MVA or OROCA, whichever is available and lowest.

Back