Flying anywhere for new years?

JustinD

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
JustinD
Anyone flying their planes anywhere exciting for new years? Where ya going?!

A few of my friends and I have been flying down to the keys for the last 4 new years, and this year is no different! Going to spend a nice 6 days down there.

In any case I was bored earlier today and decided to make up fake boarding passes for three friends flying with me in my plane! We also joke that when I fly us somewhere its In-Time Airways...Where We Also Arrive You To Your Destination Justin-In Time.....the joke behind that one is my first name is Justin...and my middle name is Time, yes legally it is. So my name is Justin Time, so thats where that fake airline name stemmed from! I sent them all an individual boarding passes in a fake reservation email, they all got a kick out of it! :D:D:D

Anyway I'm excited to kick of the new year with a trip in my plane, Happy new year to all of you guys and many safe flights ahead!

Cody Boarding Pass.png

Love the boarding pass. Do you have a summer version where they can leave the door open until taking the runway? LOL.

I did a post-Xmas flight to WI to visit some family. We are both off on Monday. No big plans like the keys but will probably go visit some family in MO, TN or WI. Kind of a tradition to go visit family the day after a holiday that couldn't make it home. Have fun! Sounds like a blast!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Flying the Bo to Jacksonville for the Ga. Tech New Year's Eve bowl game against KY. Leaving Tomorrow (Friday and returning on Monday, Jan 2).
We are meeting two old College buddies and their wives in a rented house on the beach. One of the College buddies is a pilot and will be flying too, weather permitting.

We will probably even go to the game!

Neat boarding pass by the way!

Anyone flying their planes anywhere exciting for new years? Where ya going?!

A few of my friends and I have been flying down to the keys for the last 4 new years, and this year is no different! Going to spend a nice 6 days down there.

In any case I was bored earlier today and decided to make up fake boarding passes for three friends flying with me in my plane! We also joke that when I fly us somewhere its In-Time Airways...Where We Also Arrive You To Your Destination Justin-In Time.....the joke behind that one is my first name is Justin...and my middle name is Time, yes legally it is. So my name is Justin Time, so thats where that fake airline name stemmed from! I sent them all an individual boarding passes in a fake reservation email, they all got a kick out of it! :D:D:D

Anyway I'm excited to kick of the new year with a trip in my plane, Happy new year to all of you guys and many safe flights ahead!

View attachment 50168
Justin,
I like the boarding pass.
Have fun on your trip. The keys are on my bucket list.

Last edited:
@Scott@KTYR the keys are definitely worth a trip! It's real nice to fly down the island chain and both Marathon and Key West are great destinations!

Flying back to Florida from Indiana. Was going to leave Saturday but gonna have a party so just told the wife we outta here tomorrow. And she's mad, of course :)

Off for New Year's Eve but haven't solidified plans yet. I'm working New Year's Day so I can't do anything crazy the night before!

I'll be watching the college playoffs Sat, NY's Eve.

Roll Tide!

Hoping to go to a fly-in at Lake Havasu (HII), but weather is looking a little murky at this point.

House Margarita, so I won't be doing any flying until 2017.

Combined with slow-cooked carne adobada in green chile, with beans, rice and tortillas to mop up every last drop of green child and all the extra onions with... at our favorite Mexican place.

And now off to go see Rogue Lucas' Wallet Getting Fatter One. Haha. That part was her idea. :)

Despite all best intentions, weather here in the northwest is rarely flyable (at least for just stooging around VFR in a 172) this time of year. Likewise tomorrow -- 90% chance of rain and snow.

But it doesn't matter this year anyway -- our airplane is a thousand miles away in its new hangar in Phoenix, patiently awaiting our move down there at the end of January. There we'll have better chances for flying on future New Years Days.

We returned yesterday from a West Coast trip with our Mooney. For New Year's Day we only plan to fly for breakfast to Jackson, MI.

Back