Flying Alaska (Part 7) - Haines to Glacier Bay & Gustavus

wayneda40

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
waynemcc
Weather has been overcast for days. So why would the skies clear now? Well, today’s flight turns out to be an 11 on the three amigos scale-of-amazing… glaciers galore!! Welcome aboard! Wayne, GeezerGeek Pilot

I flew out of Sitka for almost three years. Was in and out of all those airports. It was the most beautiful flying ever. The hop over the top from PAGS to PAJN is fabulous in good weather. The passengers all looked for goats.

I flew out of Sitka for almost three years. Was in and out of all those airports. It was the most beautiful flying ever. The hop over the top from PAGS to PAJN is fabulous in good weather. The passengers all looked for goats.
Kristin, we were looking for bear and moose... never thought to look for goats... very cool!! :)

Kristin, we were looking for bear and moose... never thought to look for goats... very cool!! :)

The mountain goats tend to hang out around a notch in the mountain between Gustavus and Juneau known locally as Lower Notch. When weather allows, it's a very scenic flight for tourists and locals alike.

The mountain goats tend to hang out around a notch in the mountain between Gustavus and Juneau known locally as Lower Notch. When weather allows, it's a very scenic flight for tourists and locals alike.

I loved flying through the upper and lower notches. Sometimes could use it to beat Alaska Airlines in during the summer. Loved that run from JNU to GUS.

Back