Flying a 737-800

It would be fun. Think I would have to have several sessions with an instructor first to enjoy it, otherwise I wouldn't even know how to start the engines.

I got to fly one of Southwest Airlines 737-800 simulators. I remember sweating a lot and hearing, "Pull Up" "Too Low" and other fun things! I got pretty good at it and always made it back to the airport!

I flew the 737 simulator at the Delta museum in Atlanta...I was able to successfully land it a couple of times (the first one was a real thunker)

Years ago I got to sit in a 707 simulator. I was a student pilot at the time and the instructor told us what to do. All we did was take off, make a big pattern and land. Fun part was at 5 mile final pull the throttles to idle and glide in. A real encouragement since I was still having trouble landing the mighty C-152....

The instructor was our ground instructor at the flight school and would tell us about his and other pilots transitioning from a Constellation to the 707.

I got to fly one of Southwest Airlines 737-800 simulators. I remember sweating a lot and hearing, "Pull Up" "Too Low" and other fun things! I got pretty good at it and always made it back to the airport!

Yes, but did you BARREL ROLL it?;)

All I know about the 738 is I got PTSD from riding in that narrowbody POS in economy seating for 5 hours at a time. No más. In 1998 I could do that trip in a 76 with 60% load factors. Human rights violation, and extortion @ 1.3AMUs a head (x3 for me) for a mere 1700NM leg. No kidding I can do Houston-Heathrow for 200 more on a 777 at almost 3 times the sector length. Soooo yeah, No thanks. Sorry granny, kiddo will have to skype this Xmas. That's the bell it triggers in my head when someone says 737-800. YMMV. :D

Maybe they can put it in MAX8 mode and you can practice recovery from uncommanded pitchovers.

Back