Flight tracking sites

jdangel

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
JeffInBoston
What do people use typically to allow friends and family to easily track your flights? I’m aware they can go enter the tail number into FlightAware, but I’m wondering if there is anyplace that allows you to create a custom page which someone can go to and just see your flights… I’m guessing not really, or I could spin my own but I haven’t looked into this in years and there are so many new cool sites always.

What do people use typically to allow friends and family to easily track your flights? I’m aware they can go enter the tail number into FlightAware, but I’m wondering if there is anyplace that allows you to create a custom page which someone can go to and just see your flights… I’m guessing not really, or I could spin my own but I haven’t looked into this in years and there are so many new cool sites always.
Just give them the FlightAware link for your tail number.

Flightaware. They can even sign up to receive notifications when you take off

+1 to providing them a Flightaware link

@Katamarino , I recall you had a tracking map on your site, but not sure if it was real time.

The other app I use at times is Plane Finder.

Plane Finder full version allows you to use the camera on a plane in flight and it will figure out what plane/flight it is based on your location, and attitude of the phone.

@Katamarino , I recall you had a tracking map on your site, but not sure if it was real time.

I used a Garmin InReach; it's real time, and can upload your position every 2 minutes. You need to buy the device though, and then pay for a monthly subscription. You can also use it to text message or email; it runs on satellite so no cell service is needed, and it works literally anywhere in the world.

Back