Flight time building in California

Giulia the flyinglady

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Giulia the flyinglady
Hello everybody

Im a French pilot from Paris, i m currently atpl student and last year I start time building in USA at corona flying academy, this year I would like to fly to north california, I’m looking for a flying school who can rent me a cessna 172 garmin 1000 it’s for September 2020, I ll be glad to have all your advice

have a nice day

Giulia

Hey @Giulia the flyinglady, I think I follow you on Instagram! Love your posts!

If you ever find yourself in Southeast Tennessee, let me know and I’ll take you for a flight!

They have the 172 with G1000 available for rent at Corona...
thank you for your reply, yes at flying academy, i ll be there last september, its a very nice place and flight school but this year i would like to change and stay around san francisco / monterey bay

If you ever find yourself in Southeast Tennessee, let me know and I’ll take you for a flight!

Really ? thank you for following me, i ll be glad to go to southeast tennesse, may be next year i love usa and i hope to fly all over your country, the same for you if you came to Paris

Really ? thank you for following me, i ll be glad to go to southeast tennesse, may be next year i love usa and i hope to fly all over your country, the same for you if you came to Paris
Sounds great! Send me a message when you do and we’ll put something together!

thank you for your reply, yes at flying academy, i ll be there last september, its a very nice place and flight school but this year i would like to change and stay around san francisco / monterey bay

If you want photo ops and a small town, you can rent from the schools in Monterey. It’s a great town, albeit filled with some pretty bizarre hippies. Similar to Aspen in that while being small, it has nice amenities due to the wealth concentration. One of the prettiest places on earth. I built my first motorcycle there just to tour the Big Sur. Boats are available to live aboard (I rented mine to a Navy student there). San Francisco is cool for a minute. Santa Cruz/Watsonville is a compromise, with more people and night life. If could choose anywhere in the US to fly every day, Monterey and Big Sur would win hands down. If you go earlier, the Concours d’Elegance is held there and is a lot of fun. A 1000+ hour pilot looking to network with people hiring personal transport pilots could probably leave there with a job.

thank you so so much for all this details, i really appreciate, i laught a lot with "pretty bizarre hippies " ;-) i really want to go around because you re right its seem one of the prettiest place in the earth and for flying i think i really enjoy, i also think of watsonville, you seem know a lot this place do you live there?

thank you so so much for all this details, i really appreciate, i laught a lot with "pretty bizarre hippies " ;-) i really want to go around because you re right its seem one of the prettiest place in the earth and for flying i think i really enjoy, i also think of watsonville, you seem know a lot this place do you live there?

I lived in Monterey for a while serving in the military. The Naval Postgraduate School and military language school are in Monterey. If you want people, go to SF...but there is more winsome adventure in Monterey. Laguna Seca racetrack, the Concours, off shore fishing, excellent deep sea diving. It’s a sleepy, classy place, with military, Hollywood elite, Wall Street tycoons, and religious nut jobs together in a couple tiny towns (Carmel-by-the Sea and Seaside are next door). Lake Tahoe is less than two hours by small plane, with a similar vibe. I plan on taking my kids to Tahoe and enter our boat in the classic boat Concours in 2021...The best place to spend money is central California, but the best place to make money...is Texas.

@GrummanBear thank you so much for your precious advices, to sf i plan to go 3 days just to visit, lake tahoe i plan to go with cessna it seem so beautiful and i love boats too so i think i really enjoy this place , and good luck for the classic boat concours, i also see nice flight school around palo alto is it nice place ?

I didn’t spend time there, but knowing what part of the bay it’s on, I would think it’s very expensive, even for San Francisco. If you’re young, it would maybe be a good place to connect with college age students though. I think Stanford’s main campus is close by.

If you mean you want to rent from a place in the SF Bay Area, try San Carlos Flight Center or West Valley Flying Club, at SQL and PAO respectively.

Palo Alto today is probably the most elite(expensive) town in the U.S.. the airport is small but very active, since there is a lot of tech money there. You can even go to the little building they have there and inquire about rentals from the various clubs. I think there are several, West Valley Flying Club among them. I did some flying there in the past, they used to have a large fleet all over the Bay Area.
https://www.advantage-aviation.com/rental-aircraft/
http://www.wvfc.org/
https://sancarlosflight.com/ (SQL is a little North of PAO)

Last edited:
Don’t forget a flight to the Napa wine country as well. One of the best places to fly in NorCal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I did my BFR with Advantage Aviation. As a foreign pilot, in unfamiliar airspace. They were great

I -think- Bridgeford, or the FBO that took it over is still at Napa County Airport. That is a viable place for training and rentals. I did my PPL there.

Probably the most cost effective, capable fleet for time building CA is at Plus One Flyers in San Diego.

I’m stationed at KPOC so not far from you, I’m flying up to Northern CA in 2 weeks if ya wanna hitch a ride.

I’d be happy to let ya sit right seat anytime, what’s your flying experience?

Thank you all for your reply its very kind im in contact with 3 flights schools i will make my choice soon, im just waiting that the usa borders will be open again for coming

Back