Flight scrubbed today

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Weather doesn't look like something I want to fool with today. Was heading back from San Diego to Dallas (Addison). Lots of ice. Looks like I can get over the stuff in NM but have to come into deteriorating conditions at home (Addison). PIREPs show ice up to FL230 in that area and the system seems to be moving in.

Guess we'll just check tomorrow. Maybe staying out here until Monday.

Oh well, we're in a nice place with good friends. Guess we'll just visit more and enjoy!!

Best,

Dave

:yes::yes::yes

Granted, you have the nuclear-powered, warp-speed, ice-prufe Star-Kruzer, but the WX outside looks as bad as I feel, Dave. Sitting back with friends, with two kilo sierra snugly ensconced in the hangar sounds like the height of good judgment.

Come home when it's safe... tomorrow or Monday.

Thanks Spike. Think it's doable, but why. I'd be picking my way through stuff, worryin about all the systems workin properly, be shooting a low approach in crud and possible ice on the way down after a four plus hour flight. Besides, my little dog Charlotte would probably go nuts bumpin up and down.

I do feel a little cheated. If I would have known I wasn't flying today, I wouldn't have turned down the free Bourbon and Sevens my hosts were offering. Oh well, I'll try to get over that and Texas losing today!!

Best,

Dave

Looks like we'll be able to head back today. Good tail winds in the lower flight levels. (Besides, my hosts were getting low on Bourbon!).

Best,

Dave

Got a pic of the panel on the way back from San Diego on the above trip. I was truing out at 225, as said above <g>.

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 30
No, we got goin a bit faster when we pointed the nose down, but I thought that was cheatin!

Best,

Dave

No, we got goin a bit faster when we pointed the nose down, but I thought that was cheatin!

Best,

Dave

From your altimeter it does not look like you were at an IFR altitude or a VFR one that is why I was asking if you were just transitioning. Your transponder is showing what appeared to be a trend to lower. Is your right side altimeter kolssman just not set correctly?

From your altimeter it does not look like you were at an IFR altitude or a VFR one that is why I was asking if you were just transitioning. Your transponder is showing what appeared to be a trend to lower. Is your right side altimeter kolssman just not set correctly?

???

Maybe I'm rusty... but he's at FL230.

Cheers,

-Andrew

Check out the data flight log he linked to. It shows a top speed of 279 while in level flight.

~ Christopher

The backup altimeter in the first pic is off quite a bit at that altitude; don't know if I had it set to 29.92 or not. The second pic shows my primary altimeter and the IVSI.

Best,

Dave

Love that ground speed. I see you're not using the Normalize function on your EDM. I find it's a nice feature - easier to pick up anomolies.

Back