Flight Review

SCCutler

Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Spike Cutler
Well, I just got home from the 'drome, after my Flight Review ("BFR," as called by some), and it was good fun.

I always enjoy getting instructional time, and the ground instruction portion was very valuable.

In the course of everyday flying, I almost never do some of the basics- slow flight, steep turns, that sort of thing. These, plus some nice emergency procedures and reminders to improve my precision, and I feel refreshed and ready to go.

We never stop learning.

Did mine on Sunday. Some things clearly showed rust (steep turns), others were fine. The stuff I do routinely, even though lately I've been up once a month, worked, the stuff I don't practise was rougher. CFI commented that I fly better than people he knows who fly a number of times a month, so I guess I'm not "too" bad. :rolleyes: I'm going to start my IR with this guy in a few weeks, so the flying time will go up. :D

i feel left out...
completed a wings dealio in april i think so im good to go for a while.

Boy I wish you guys were around here, I would love doing Flight Reviews for you guys(pilots who would actually like to learn something). I had a guy call me today, whined and moaned about actually having to fly for at least and hour and an hour of ground and a minimum of 80 bucks. He said he had been getting his done for $25. (sad thing about it, this is the guy that geared up a Comanchee about 8 months ago.)

in the words of Dr. Bruce, "Sigh"
Don

By the way I told him to find what he was seeking elswhere.

The day I stop learning, is the day I stop flying!

Back