Flight review and owner Insurance.

bluesideup

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
bluesideup
Hi Everyone.
Does Insurance care if the owner is out of currency for a month or so? Yes, the owner will not fly during that time as PIC.
Thank you.

I don’t know what your policy says, but I don’t think ours says anything about it.

No way without reading yours to see if it has something weird, but I've never seen a policy that cared about any pilot's currency when not having an accident.

Hi Everyone.
Does Insurance care if the owner is out of currency for a month or so? Yes, the owner will not fly during that time as PIC.
Thank you.

The question doesn't make sense to me. Are you asking if someone else can fly the owner's airplane while the owner is out of currency? That is not the same thing as owner not flying.

As long as the owner isn’t flying while out of BFR I’m 99% sure they don’t care, and why would they?

Hi Everyone.
Thank you.

Do you mean will they deny ground coverage ie hangar fire/windstorm b/c of a currency issue?
No way.

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the feedback.
Just a possibility of going on vacation around the same time and planning for the best way to work around it. Delaying for a month may work out best but I just wanted to make sure there are no problems.
There are no requirements to be current from what I know except when you first purchase insurance end even then it may not be required?

Ask the CFI if he has "unowned Aircraft" insurance.....some of us do!

There are no requirements to be current from what I know except when you first purchase insurance end even then it may not be required?

That's my understanding, with my policy.
You need all these things to qualify in order to acquire flight and ground insurance, but after that the currency/medical etc is only challenged if you have an in-motion accident ie the ground part is covered regardless of currency etc. (keep in mind that taxiing to the fuel pump qualifies as in-motion, so leave it in the hangar til you are going for that recurrency flight)

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the feedback.
Just a possibility of going on vacation around the same time and planning for the best way to work around it. Delaying for a month may work out best but I just wanted to make sure there are no problems.
Read the policy. These are not car insurance regulated by the state with everything standard.

Hi everyone.
Thanks for the feedback.
I did not have a Multi rating when I first obtained insurance on my twin.
That was stated up front and addressed in the policy. The policy stated clearly what was covered and what was not covered. My flight training was covered. Flying solo required one milestone and carrying passengers required another milestone.

Read the policy. These are not car insurance regulated by the state with everything standard.
Exactly.

Back