Flight instructor instrument question

Levijohnson

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Levijohnson
Hello,

I have a question concerning the PTS .on the nrw pts published by aviation supplies and academices it has the chart on what area of operation to study for the practical test.

I hold my instrument rating, commercial and flight instructor for SEL only.

In the columns it has AP for airplane, helicopter/gyroplane for RtR and IA or H for instrument airplane or helicopter.

My question is what catorgory do I fall under? The AP for airplane or the insyrument airplane for IA

Thanks ,

Levi

I'm sorry, but I haven't a clue what you are talking about or what you are asking.

Hmmmm... the PTS? Are ya sure you are in the right document? I was under the impression that that particular item got superseded by the ACS not that long ago....

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/instrument_rating_acs.pdf

Related to your question where you mention your qualifications are for ASEL, read pages 1 and 2 of the document I linked and see if it helps to answer your question, especially the info at the bottom of page 1.

If it doesn't, maybe rephrasing your question would help us to help you.

BTW, Welcome to PoA!!!!

I am trying to add my instructor instrument to my instructor. Become a CFII. I already hold a CFI.

Walboy that's the table I am referring to.

My guess is referencing an outdated document
I kind of figured from the title he is adding an instrument rating to an existing flight instructor certificate - that's still PTS, not ACS, and the current PTS was last amended in 2014. But I lost it in the explanation.

@Walboy may have figured it out. If his assumption is correct - that we're talking about a CFI-ASE who is adding a CFI-IA, it's the tasks in the AP column. But that's pretty clear from the chart - it says "AP," "RTR," and "IA or H" all refer to what you have now - so I'm not sure that was the question.

I am trying to add my instructor instrument to my instructor. Become a CFII. I already hold a CFI.

Ah, then Walboy gave you the answer. Those columns refer to what you have. Sounds like you have a CFI certificate with an Airplane rating. That's the AP column.

The "IA or H" column is if you already have a CFI certificate with, say, an Instrument Helicopter rating, and want to add an Instrument Airplane rating.

Thanks everyone. Midlifeflyer are you the same one that was on studentpilot forums back on 2005,6,7,8 or so?

Thanks everyone. Midlifeflyer are you the same one that was on studentpilot forums back on 2005,6,7,8 or so?
Yes. Fortunately for the world at large, there is only one of me ;) (That's what my parents said)

Welcome to this forum. Mostly happy, if sometimes cantankerous, family.

I remember you giving insight to me for my private pilot certificate.

Ahhhhh! Gotcha.... adding this to items I learned today [thumbs_up]

Back