Flight instructor initial and advanced ground instructor written - passed

crnaman77

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Wes
Again, I am reporting my progress toward cfi-a. I have passed the writtens toward cfi. Made an 88% on flight instructor airplane and 92% on advanced ground instructor. My local instructor clued me in on the agi trick and so I took that one too since it comes from the same question bank. And again I used dauntless for the study material. There were a total of 1065 questions in the question bank. And I used the same procedure below to study. By the time I went through all the questions I understood the material well enough to even answer questions that I had not seen before of which there were a few on the test. The flight instructor initial seemed to focus more on problems, navigation (adf/vor), and regulations. The agi seemed to cover more on things like engine operation, icing, and weather. That could have been just the luck of the draw at that time. I made sure to review what I missed on the first test and sure enough got a couple of the ones I missed on the second and remembered not to the choose the wrong answer again. Ground training starts today with my local instructor.

Since I used this forum to gather information about how others have done on the FOI written, I will post my results as well.

For the FOI, I used the dauntless app on my iphone/ipad with these options selected, study all questions once, shuffle answer choices, show explanation after each wrong question (and find out why I missed it), enabled question stacks with stack #5 turned off.

Then I answered questions until there were no more left to answer. My thinking is that as questions make it to stack #5 I know it well enough not to waste time on it again.

I made 88% on the actual test. Not perfect but achieved the desired outcome. The questions were mostly exactly like from the dauntless app. There were three questions I didn't recognize and the others I missed were my fault.

So it's safe to assume from my experience the dauntless app will adequately prepare you for the FOI written well enough to pass it. I guess their app has the updated questions since the supposed change back in 2011.

Almost ready for the cfi-a checkride. Went to Atlanta to finish getting the AGI. Only question he asked after printing the temp cert was the expiration date and pointed to it right on the temp cert. About as painless as could be. Hopefully today I get the endorsement for the checkride. I feel like I'm ready for it.

Almost ready for the cfi-a checkride. Went to Atlanta to finish getting the AGI. Only question he asked after printing the temp cert was the expiration date and pointed to it right on the temp cert. About as painless as could be. Hopefully today I get the endorsement for the checkride. I feel like I'm ready for it.
Oh, good. I was worried about a full blown oral when picking up the AGI cert.

Congratulations. I am probably 9 to 12 months behind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASI, very nice guy. Atlanta requires you to have an appointment to see anyone at the FSDO. Very tight security there, similar to getting into an airport. But everyone was courteous. Appointment was needed so security knows you are coming. I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Back