Flight Aware question

Rushie

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Rushie
I can look up a commercial flight number and see it's scheduled to depart on time and see that it is a CRJ9 owned by PSA airlines. But is there any way to see which CRJ9 that is arriving is going to be the one used for my flight? I'm assuming not.

Nevermind I found it. You click on "where is my plane now". Duh.

Well followup question, the American Airlines flight AAxxxx keeps changing to PSAxxxx but it's obviously the same flight and I get why I just don't get why for a while it comes up as AAxxxx and then I can't find it, the AAxxxx flight it pulls up is this morning's. But the current one getting ready to take off is called PSAxxxx and when I go to the "list of all departing flights" it is there listed as JIA xxxx

So the exact same flight is coming up with three different names on flight aware:

AAxxxx
PSAxxxx
JIAxxxx

This could be very confusing if I didn't know that there is only ONE airplane going from that orgin to that destination this afternoon.

JIA is the ATC code for PSA airlines. PSA's flights are operated under AAL flight numbers in the airline booking systems and as JIA flights in the ATC system.

JIA is the ATC code for PSA airlines. PSA's flights are operated under AAL flight numbers in the airline booking systems and as JIA flights in the ATC system.

Thanks! Very interesting but weird how the Flight Aware website uses all three at different times to reference the same flight. It must be pulling data from different locations.

Thanks! Very interesting but weird how the Flight Aware website uses all three at different times to reference the same flight. It must be pulling data from different locations.
They have to do that for the greenhorns who use their service.

Here, I managed to capture a screenshot with it containing all three references. I was unable to get this earlier before it was in the air, it was confusingly calling it one thing or another, or trying to send me to a past AA5088.

This was my sister's connection on her way to a dinner honoring her boss, she was supposed to get the morning version of this flight but missed it because her first plane couldn't land due to fog. So she was sitting in the terminal all day worrying this later flight would also be delayed and she would miss the dinner, so she was texting me asking me to figure out where "her" incoming plane was (as if I know stuff:rolleyes:).

My conclusion is that there is no way to know which of the incoming CRJ9s arriving before her flight is the exact plane she will be on. She seemed to think I could find that kind of info on the internet. Silly girl.

5088.jpg

Even if it said that jet was doing your sister's flight, it could be switched to do another and/or different flight entirely while taxing in, really at any time, even sitting at the gate. Depends what flight control/dispatchers may need for a swap of jets.

If you really want to know where the airplane is coming from, fly United. The United App has a "Where is this aircraft coming from?" link on the flight status page.

Back