Flew With Mari (Everskyward) Today - AKA Best Flight Ever

Dear Kimberly and Mari,

You BOTH Suck,

Love,

Tim

Tim,

Thanks. I do think this time it was true. I talked to another pilot and he said the day we had on Saturday was one of less than 20 of its kind per year. In other words, you can RARELY see that far out from the coastline without catching a glimpse of clouds or the scary marine layer.

Kimberly

Glad you enjoyed the flight. There is truly a social aspect to flying, it is often (but not always) a lot more fun with friends! Hopefully there will be many more in your future.

Gary

Wow, never heard of Operation Fly. I can actually claim 2 airports that I am cleared to land at.

Glad you enjoyed the flight. There is truly a social aspect to flying, it is often (but not always) a lot more fun with friends! Hopefully there will be many more in your future.

Gary

The funny thing is, since the day I got my pilot cert, I have NEVER flown alone (not planned that way, just how it happened). And that is OK with me. You're right, though - some flights / people have been better than others but for the most part I enjoy the non-solo aspect. I think having pilots or passengers in my plane keeps me wanting to make my control inputs smooth, my landings safe and comfortable, etc etc etc. That whole "somebody's watching" thing.

You haven't seen my landings when I started. That will override anyone/anything looking stupid. At one point I started checking 121.5 for ELT...

Mari likes four niner eight!

2011-10-22%252520at%25252017-26-24.jpg

Every time I see a photo of Mari she looks so cute!

Awesome! And great pics too! Now why couldn't that have happened a week ago?

Mari is a class act from the word 'GO'. She was one of the first people I ever chatted with back in the Babes and Airplanes days. Gave her an inadvertant driving tour of the greater OKC area soon after I moved there back in the day. I think she forgave me...didja Sis? She was my Burrito Sis for the longest time when she was flying MJ and I was running the Combat Burrito all over the planet. I've met many people here at POA and I can say for absolute certain that you met one of the finest Kimberley. Glad that opportunity came your way.

Gee you never said that it was a classy event when you met me.:D

Awesome! And great pics too! Now why couldn't that have happened a week ago?

I know, and I'm sorry. This is almost exactly what I would have done when you and I had the 152 (except we would have followed the coast down south).

Next time!

As a new pilot I flew my wife (then girlfriend) to Little river from my home base of San Carlos and we stayed in Mendocino. Proposed to her there and the rest is history.

Had to quit flying shortly thereafter due to going back to school, then kids, etc etc.

I am happy to say that I am one or two flights away from getting signed off after 15 years. Maybe we will head back to Little River for our twentieth....

Rich

As a new pilot I flew my wife (then girlfriend) to Little river from my home base of San Carlos and we stayed in Mendocino. Proposed to her there and the rest is history.

Had to quit flying shortly thereafter due to going back to school, then kids, etc etc.

I am happy to say that I am one or two flights away from getting signed off after 15 years. Maybe we will head back to Little River for our twentieth....

Rich

What a great story. I talked to a pilot on Sunday about Little River, which I understand is "an expensive cab ride" from anywhere. He said if we stay at the Little River Inn, we can call after we tie down the plane and they will pick us up. He says they have ocean view rooms etc. Problem is, I can't predict the weather and as a VFR pilot Little River is not the best plan.

What a great story. I talked to a pilot on Sunday about Little River, which I understand is "an expensive cab ride" from anywhere. He said if we stay at the Little River Inn, we can call after we tie down the plane and they will pick us up. He says they have ocean view rooms etc. Problem is, I can't predict the weather and as a VFR pilot Little River is not the best plan.

I remember getting a ride into town, most of the B&B's will pick you up. Yes, the marine layer can strand you there. Luckily the airport is a tad higher and inland......

I have a picture of me there, the new pilot taxiing the 172 to the gas pump before our trip back. (on the fridge as we speak)

In the background there is a corp. pilot standing in front of his jet with his arms crossed looking stern. Probably because I am taxiing my wingtip WAAAAY close to his!

:dunno:

Rich

I remember getting a ride into town, most of the B&B's will pick you up. Yes, the marine layer can strand you there. Luckily the airport is a tad higher and inland......

I have a picture of me there, the new pilot taxiing the 172 to the gas pump before our trip back. (on the fridge as we speak)

In the background there is a corp. pilot standing in front of his jet with his arms crossed looking stern. Probably because I am taxiing my wingtip WAAAAY close to his!

:dunno:

Rich

Glad to see more CA pilots on this board.

You aren't. Your hair color comes out of a bottle!

Aha! A 14 year old boy would not do that. I am winning you over, slowly but surely. Either you will have to avoid all future POA fly-ins that I attend, or you will have to wear a blindfold.... one day you will no longer be able to deny the reality that is me.

Aha! A 14 year old boy would not do that. I am winning you over, slowly but surely. Either you will have to avoid all future POA fly-ins that I attend, or you will have to wear a blindfold.... one day you will no longer be able to deny the reality that is me.

Reality means nothing to Steingar!

Back