Flew in a Bonanza!!!

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
Hey everyone,
I just got back from a trip to Tulsa in a Beech Bonanza, i love that airplane, this was my first time in one and it was unreal. I got to ride co-pilot and the pilot who is also an instructor let me land the plane when we returned to Pittsburg. Got some good IFR time in too.
What a flight!!

Did you go to KTUL or KRVS? I was taking off in the LR35 around 9am out of KTUL. Just curious. I am at MSP until around 3pm. Sitting in the FBO listening to Kenny Chesney on the MP3 player!

Brent

Welcome to the world of Bonanzas... :) They're definitely amazing aircraft. My favorite thing is the soft landings that these planes are capable of. Makes you look like an even better pilot to your passengers!

Great plane but it too has limits.
Did anyone else see the broken Bo sitting on the grass at Plant City? It was there Sunday morning as I left for home after a very enjoyable Sun N Fun. The plane was sitting on its nose.
The lineman who brought me to my plane said the Bo had tried to depart Saturday afternoon (The wind would have been perpendicular to the runway at about 10 kts at that time.) There were 6 aboard with luggage! Apparently it did get about 30' in the air before mushing down, collapsing the nose gear and prbably scaring everyone inside pretty bad. No one hurt.
Over gross? Only the PIC knows for sure (at least he should.) Everybody's insurance a little costier? Yep.
Sorry for the thread creep. Flying in Bonanzas properly is great.

Brent Bradford said:
Did you go to KTUL or KRVS? I was taking off in the LR35 around 9am out of KTUL. Just curious. I am at MSP until around 3pm. Sitting in the FBO listening to Kenny Chesney on the MP3 player!

Brent
We were at KTUL, probably about that same time. Over at Mercury air i think it was called is where we taxied over. It was a buisness's plane around here and i know the guy so he let me ride along. We saw a couple Lears sitting out there. I don't know if that is where you were at the airport or not.

AirBaker said:
Welcome to the world of Bonanzas... :) They're definitely amazing aircraft. My favorite thing is the soft landings that these planes are capable of. Makes you look like an even better pilot to your passengers!

I second it. I remember the first on a 1951 C-35 with electric prop. What a joy to fly and land. Flew newer models as they came along. They just get better and better Now I am flying a straight tail C-33. Love every minute

John J

AirBaker said:
Yeah this was a 1989 i got to land here at PTS, touched down so smooth, i didn't know that they were like that until you guys said that on here. And i was thinkin i was that smooth, MAN!! haha

Rudy said:
We were at KTUL, probably about that same time. Over at Mercury air i think it was called is where we taxied over. It was a buisness's plane around here and i know the guy so he let me ride along. We saw a couple Lears sitting out there. I don't know if that is where you were at the airport or not.

I got stuck on some air ambulance flights...sorry it took so long to get back to the thread. HEY!, if you get back here and know in advance, give me a holler!

If I had more time in MSP, I was going to try and meet Mr. Lance but we were only going to be there for four hours. I think he's around those parts somewhere. Oh well.

Brent

Brent Bradford said:
I got stuck on some air ambulance flights...sorry it took so long to get back to the thread. HEY!, if you get back here and know in advance, give me a holler!

If I had more time in MSP, I was going to try and meet Mr. Lance but we were only going to be there for four hours. I think he's around those parts somewhere. Oh well.

Brent
hey Brent,
I think i might be going back in a couple weeks to pick the guy we took back up. If i get to go i will definitely give you the date, time, etc.

Brent Bradford said:

Brent

Next time, give me a call.

Work 763 542-58 67
Home 952 474-57 21
Cell 612 867-41 02

If you know ahead of time call or email: L f i sher (at)cyberoptics.com (remove spaces and change (at) to @), but call even if it's no notice, I might be free.

Back