FL flyers- KCGC -> KSRQ via the coast

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
Kinda putting this together tonight, tomorrow morning we're thinking of making the following flight assuming decent VFR weather..

Departing from KCGC, fly straight W over the ocean then turn S and follow the coastline down towards KSRQ, maintaining visual contact ~2-3 miles out until we get close to KSRQ and turn in/land. Should let us get some cool sights to see/let me say I've flown over the ocean, and keep me out of the way of Tampa's airspace/traffic I hope. Will be getting flight following of course....

Obviously it's legal to do and I understand the airspace, but I'm unfamiliar with the area other than what's on the VFR sectional. Anybody local know of any issues/concerns/annoyances with this flight plan?

*edit meant west, not east to the coast...

Last edited:
Just get flight following from Tampa ,they are more than accomidation get,and will keep you out of trouble. They may even take you closer to the coast,if your going to SRQ they will usually have you follow the coast to SRQ.

Kinda putting this together tonight, tomorrow morning we're thinking of making the following flight assuming decent VFR weather..

Departing from KCGC, fly straight W over the ocean then turn S and follow the coastline down towards KSRQ, maintaining visual contact ~2-3 miles out until we get close to KSRQ and turn in/land. Should let us get some cool sights to see/let me say I've flown over the ocean, and keep me out of the way of Tampa's airspace/traffic I hope. Will be getting flight following of course....

Obviously it's legal to do and I understand the airspace, but I'm unfamiliar with the area other than what's on the VFR sectional. Anybody local know of any issues/concerns/annoyances with this flight plan?

*edit meant west, not east to the coast...

Sounds like a good plan...

Ps...

It ain't the Ocean... It is the Gulf Of Mexico...;)

Worked out great :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
Back