Fisticuffs In The Cockpit

Great CRM! One of the reasons why I prefer single pilot ops. They’ll always be a few individuals that will rub you the wrong way.

If what was written is anywhere near true, they should both be fired and their certificates taken away. Slapping, your crewmember? Leaving the cockpit in tears when you are the commander? Really?

Yeah, that is way, way, way over the top. No room for unprofessional behavior when lives are on the line.

Crying? There's no crying in aviation!!

160903_MOV_sully-tom-hanks.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

Last edited:
I wouldn't know, since I've never seen a crewmember cry in flight. But whatever the problem is, anger, being upset, etc; suck it up and do your job. Deal with it on the ground. That goes for both crewmwmbers.
I've only ever made one copilot cry...I was that bastard that let her fly the leg & made her look bad.:rolleyes:

She was pretty useless for a while.

I wouldn't know, since I've never seen a crewmember cry in flight. But whatever the problem is, anger, being upset, etc; suck it up and do your job. Deal with it on the ground. That goes for both crewmwmbers.

Easy to say now, but a female being smacked around the cockpit by a male? How would YOU have handled it?

Easy to say now, but a female being smacked around the cockpit by a male? How would YOU have handled it?
I would have told him to stop and that we would sort it out on the ground. The last thing I would have done is left the cockpit in tears.

Ugh. Seen too many relationships in the work place that are disruptive. They hardly ever work and when authority over the other is an issue, they end badly. Then leadership has to jump through hoops to find somewhere to put them so they don’t have to work with one another. :(

Ring for the FAs.

To tell you the truth, it sounds like she was upset more than hurt.

I agree, but it would be shocking for a captain to be assaulted no matter the gender. Strange deal.

Reported by Fox news? Great. We have NO clue what actually transpired.
Let's wait for both sides of the story.
Did anybody call her a wah-mbulance when they landed? :D
Didn't know ndtv.com was also owned by the Murdochs. Thanks for the tip.

Can't exactly say I agree with the decision to terminate the female captain's employment, however; I don't feel she went about handling the situation the correct way either. It's a toss up.

Both pilots left the cockpit. At that point as a passenger would I be seriously contemplating threatening very serious bodily damage if the two could not get together and land the freakin' plane.

I wonder if they had make up sex after the passengers deplaned.....

Both pilots left the cockpit. At that point as a passenger would I be seriously contemplating threatening very serious bodily damage if the two could not get together and land the freakin' plane.

I wonder if they had make up sex while the passengers deplaned.....

:D

Number One: Always act professional at work, this was unbelievably unprofessional, and more importantly unbelievably dangerous.
Number Two: Never strike a woman, ever.
Number Three: If you leave the flight deck in tears, you have NO BUSINESS being PIC of any aircraft, especially a commercial jet full of passengers.
Number Four: If the reporting is true, both pilots are idiots, and should not be pilots.
That is all.

United can take a lesson from this: slapping a person around isn't just for passengers anymore.

Number One: Always act professional at work, this was unbelievably unprofessional, and more importantly unbelievably dangerous.
Number Two: Never strike a woman, ever.
Number Three: If you leave the flight deck in tears, you have NO BUSINESS being PIC of any aircraft, especially a commercial jet full of passengers.
Number Four: If the reporting is true, both pilots are idiots, and should not be pilots.
That is all.

Not so fast;)
How many C-152 flyers were on board just waiting for the call-up to the cockpit:confused::p

Back