First solo!

PNWGuy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
CessnaDriver
My first solo flight is in the books as of this afternoon. Did 3 solid T/O and landings first with my instructor, then he had me drop him off.

The pattern at S43 was pretty busy today, a lot of traffic since the weather was perfect.

First two take off and landings were pretty uneventful, had a small bounce on the first one, other then that they were pretty good.

The third take off I lined up behind another plane as they were departing, since I had 2 others behind me as well. This came back later to bite me as I didn't leave quite enough spacing between us since she was also remaining in the pattern. Well, she ended up flying a long downwind leg, so I extended as well, but not far enough, by the time I was on short final she still hadn't cleared the runway, so I executed a go around and went around the pattern again for an eventual landing.

Was a very memorable day!

Great job! What did you solo in (N#)? Snohomish Flying Service was where I took lessons fourteen years ago. Great people!

After this past week, I'm sure decent VFR Wx must have been such an amazing sight. Congrats!

Congrats! Past this, everything will go quickly.

Well it should go really quickly for me then.

I had a deferred medical due to my sleep apnea - they wanted more info then I initially submitted - so we skipped ahead in training while waiting for it to be issued. I already have 6.4 hours of Dual XC, with 3 of that being a long night XC with all 10 T/O and landings. :goofy:

Congrats! Enjoy the solo phase - good luck on the rest of your training!

Back