First Solo!

tom.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
Not mine, that was 12 years ago. My oldest son soloed today, just after his 16th birthday. The instructor told him "do three for me, then as many as you want after that". I lost count at six landings. He now has more solo time in the plane than he does in his truck.

That's a birthday he'll never forget!

Congratulations.

Well tell him Congrats for me, and i'll bet your head is swelled too.
Dave G

tom. said:
Not mine, that was 12 years ago. My oldest son soloed today, just after his 16th birthday. The instructor told him "do three for me, then as many as you want after that". I lost count at six landings. He now has more solo time in the plane than he does in his truck.

Awesome!! Good for him, and you!

tom. said:

And you probably have more faith in his flying than in his driving. :D

Ghery said:
And you probably have more faith in his flying than in his driving. :D

I was a lot less nervous watching that Cessna go around the pattern than watching his truck leave the driveway. And then there's #2 son not too far behind:hairraise:

tom. said:
Congrats!

..the memories of when I first got my drivers license. It seems like everyone has to have a few close calls. Amazing I survived ...Oops. I'm probably not helping you much here.

I think the best thing to keep us ..kids out of trouble is aviation. If you really love it, you are not going to do anything to put it at risk.

Back