FIRST SOLO!

N6958H

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
N6958H
The day finally came today! It was truly as amazing as I've imagined it would be. I had a feeling after I CFI pulled the power on take off climb and then had me go up for a few stalls that today maybe the day and I was right.

After two laps around the pattern I taxied back to runway 20, I turned to my CFI and asked what he wanted to do and he said "you are going do 3 take off's and landings to a full stop and I'm getting out". Everything went without a hitch and even 3 hours later it's all I can think about.. Amazing feeling

Congratulations!

Yep shirt tail was cut! I walked in the house and spun around in front of my wife to hear her say the usual words "you're crazy"!

Congratulations!!!

It is an experience you'll never forget!!!

BTW, what is with the thing about your CFI pulling power on the take off climb?

Congratulations!!!

It is an experience you'll never forget!!!

BTW, what is with the thing about your CFI pulling power on the take off climb?

I guess to simulate losing the engine on climb out. May not be common practice I'm not sure but we do a lot of emergency proceedures. Maybe he wanted to see if I would try to do a 180 and back it back to the airport, which I did not and never crossed my mind.

It is an awesome feeling. Did my solo on saturday and took the plane out yesterday solo and did pattern work. Feels great.

The day finally came today! It was truly as amazing as I've imagined it would be. I had a feeling after I CFI pulled the power on take off climb and then had me go up for a few stalls that today maybe the day and I was right.

After two laps around the pattern I taxied back to runway 20, I turned to my CFI and asked what he wanted to do and he said "you are going do 3 take off's and landings to a full stop and I'm getting out". Everything went without a hitch and even 3 hours later it's all I can think about.. Amazing feeling

That's neat. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane, and congrats!

A special day you'll always remember. You are a pilot now. You've done something few on this planet can claim. You took an airplane into the air and landed safely, all by yourself. Congratulations!

Wel done and the great memories from your solo will last well beyond the 3 hours. Believe me, my solo was about 6 months ago now and I can still remember each time around the pattern vividly!

I'm sure glad you did not need to put into effect any of the skills you practiced right before your 1st solo during the actual solo.:D

Back