First solo today!

SCAirborne

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SCAirborne
I've been doing touch and go's for the last couple of lessons and today my CFI had me taxi to our FBO and told me to stay in the plane. Did my official first 3 full stop landings and got my logbook endorsed. I know not a big deal for a lot of people on this board but very excited! Now on to cross country... been a great ride so far. Hopefully have my PPL in the next few months.:goofy:

Congratulations!!!
My first solo was one of my aviation magic moments.
All the best on your continuing aviation adventure.

First solo's are a pretty big deal. Means you can fly an airplane by yourself.

Congratulations!

First Solo is a big deal. First time I left the ground without a CFI in the right seat I was a little freaked out and had to keep telling myself I knew what I was doing.

it's a big deal. most of us have shared in the past so we know what it means. congrats!

It is a big deal,congrats.we all started in the same place.

It is a BIG deal. You have done some thing that in the big scheme of things not that many people in the world have done and lived to tell about it.

I always tell people the day I soloed was the day I learned what commitment really was. When those wheels left the ground I was committed.

Congratulations!

As others have pointed out, YES IT IS A BIG DEAL.!!!

You were in total control of your life. No one was there to help you if help would have been needed.

I remember my first solo. I actually looked at the right seat, and even in the back to make sure no one was there.

Yeah, big deal and you will remember it for life.
Been over 50 years and I can close my eyes and remember the details, the color of the light that day, the smell of the J3, the clatter of the engine, and the feel when the mains touched and rolled.
Hang in there.

Congrats. It is one of the flights you'll never forget (first solo XC is another). It flies a lot better without the guy in the right seat, eh?

First time I left the ground without a CFI in the right seat I was a little freaked out and had to keep telling myself I knew what I was doing.

My first solo was about 35 years ago and I'm still freaked out and tell myself that when I leave the ground. .

I still love the feeling of looking out my window, seeing my wheel down there hanging in the breeze (fixed gear aircraft) and knowing that the only way that wheel will get back on the ground will be if I get it there.

No one else in the world will be able to get that wheel back on the ground.

Congratulations pilot

Yes it is a big deal, you just became a member of a very exclusive club
Good luck with the rest of your training :thumbsup:

I still love the feeling of looking out my window, seeing my wheel down there hanging in the breeze (fixed gear aircraft) and knowing that the only way that wheel will get back on the ground will be if I get it there.

No one else in the world will be able to get that wheel back on the ground.

I assure you, the wheel will eventually return to the ground no matter what you do. :rofl:

I've been doing touch and go's for the last couple of lessons and today my CFI had me taxi to our FBO and told me to stay in the plane. Did my official first 3 full stop landings and got my logbook endorsed. I know not a big deal for a lot of people on this board but very excited! Now on to cross country... been a great ride so far. Hopefully have my PPL in the next few months.:goofy:

"Not a big deal"? Son, it's one of the most important days of your life! The day you solo is the day you enter the real world.

Welcome to it! :yes:

(I'd wager that every person here can recite their solo story, minute by minute, no matter how many hours they've got...)

Am I the only "no-big-deal" guy here about first solo?
I went to the airport, heard the flight school closes its doors in a week, did 3 touch and gos, got back, lost a shirt sleeve, went for a beer (well, 5, in Ormond Beach, FL in July you need to stay hydrated!).
I much preferred the first solo XC, that was the first glimpse of what you can do with the certificate.

Congrats, and all the best for the remainder of your training!

Am I the only "no-big-deal" guy here about first solo?
I went to the airport, heard the flight school closes its doors in a week, did 3 touch and gos, got back, lost a shirt sleeve, went for a beer (well, 5, in Ormond Beach, FL in July you need to stay hydrated!).
I much preferred the first solo XC, that was the first glimpse of what you can do with the certificate.

I sort of agree. The first XC requires you to utilize more skills than 3 laps in the pattern.

Both are cool though and the first solo is never forgotten. I vividly remember mine and it's been a while. Meanwhile, I can't remember what I ate for lunch today:dunno:

The first solo involved lots of nerves and a healthy amount of fear.. e.g. I have to land this all by myself. The first XC however was a great adventure - wow this is really fun!

It is a big deal! My solo is more memorable than the checkride or my me ride. Very cool to command an aircraft from takeoff to landing. Funny thing for me, the second most memorable event was during solo practice. I will do my best to describe it. I was still very nervous during solo flight, the bumps from uneven surface heating made me quite nervous. Early one morning I went for a solo practice flight, the air was perfectly smooth, as I left the runway, I pictured myself in a large plane and even envisioned clouds flowing over the wing and suddenly I felt in command. I think I truly felt like a pilot at that moment.

The second biggest memory after my solo was when I realized I could land from something other than a std pattern. I remember very specifically thinking "ok, I can fly and get it back on the ground, but i will never be able to land unless I fly the std pattern". Then one day it just came together and I owned that plane. I could put it where I wanted on the runway when I wanted.

I realize that there are a lot of pilots that have soloed before you, but it really is an accomplishment and a day you will remember for a long time!

Jim

Congrats on the solo!!! I fully agree, it is a huge deal! Stay active here...there are a lot of pilots here willing to give advice and help, and tons of knowledge! On a side note, where are you training out of?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats

In going solo you exercise the same authority over your flight as the most experienced Jet Captain does over his/her airliner.

Pretty amazing stuff don't you think

Keep your nose up in the turn

Scott

Congrats, it's a great feeling. Now on to XC, it moves quick from here.

Hey Jeff, Started training at downtown Greenville, SC (GMU) but from advice here on this board switched to a new instructor at Donaldson Center (GYH). My new instructor has been great and I'm sooooo glad I listened to the advice and changed. Now I'm focused on written exam, hope to take it before the end of the month so I can start working on my X-Country.

Did mine at GMU also. I didnt realize that GYH had flight training. PM me sometime and maybe we can go flying. My Home field is SPA. Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back