First Solo today!

mattg

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Matt
And first post here!!

Today was the kinda day I've been dreaming about since I started taking lessons about two months ago. I'm at 17 hours after today's fun. We did the usual 3 full stops then my CFI jumped out and off I went. I did the same and having the plane to myself was awesome and somehow much more relaxing. I did my 3 full stops and since we both had time to kill we decided to go ahead with our next lesson and some fun flying. We started at Waukesha (UES) flew past Holy Hill, see the pics.. Then we hit two uncontrolled airports.. At Hartford (KXF) did a short field and soft field landing and take off, did another touch and go there then two more touch and go's at West Bend (ETB). From there we flew south down the shore line of Lake Michigan, called Milwaukee approach for clearance / flight following and turned west just barely on the north side of downtown Milwaukee and headed towards home.
It was all a ton of fun and my CFI said now the fun starts. I'm pumped!

Here are some pics!

I noticed in your post you felt more comfortable flying alone. The hall mark of a good pilot, IMHO. :yes:

Solo in 17 hours! Nicely done! Thank your CFI for pushing you to your ability.

Now, knock out the CC and night flight, and take the check ride right at 40 hours.

Last edited:
Congratulations!
It is an amazing feeling isn't it?

Have fun!

Congratulations! Soon you will be a pilot. It goes fast.

Well done! Welcome to the small group of people who can lay claim to taking an airplane into the air by yourself and returning safely back to earth to tell about it!

Enjoy the rest of your training!

Nicely done, awesome feeling ain't it!

Congrats! Have you flown into Timmerman yet? I went there with my CFI for my night XC. Also there is an instructor who trains out of Hartford who I want to use for my taildragger endorsement. Nice pics btw.

Congrats! No time to rest. Push through and get that ticket!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks guys!! I'm doing my first solo XC to Oshkosh on Friday if the weather forecast holds up.

Congrats! Have you flown into Timmerman yet? I went there with my CFI for my night XC. Also there is an instructor who trains out of Hartford who I want to use for my taildragger endorsement. Nice pics btw.

I haven't gone to Timmerman yet, but I'm sure I will at some point soon!

Congrats! You won't forget that day! The next item on your "things I'll never forget" bucket list will likely be the long cross country - it's what flying is all about...

that's awesome. I tried not to count hours, but I couldn't help it. Getting the solo done was a huge mental milestone for me.

Back