First solo today!

Well, I got the video up of my landing in a 25+ mph direct crosswind, so comments are welcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0sg07A1244

(Obviously I didn't take the video, my brother in the back seat did)

The winds calmed down a bit by the time we came back from Bloomsburg, so by this time they were about 25mph steady...The 30+mph gusts were significantly less fun...

Last edited:
The next two weeks aren't looking too promising for a cross country flight, but we'll see what happens!

Today was as good a day for a cross-country flight as you could have hoped for. Flew to South Carolina last night, up to Syracuse and back home today. Not a single cloud the whole route of flight, plus clear and a million visibility!

Today was as good a day for a cross-country flight as you could have hoped for. Flew to South Carolina last night, up to Syracuse and back home today. Not a single cloud the whole route of flight, plus clear and a million visibility!

I was thinking the same thing today...when I was looking out the window at work...:(

Awesome!!!!! Congratulations...there is no better feeling than the first time you are in command of your own aircraft!

Hey everyone,
I don't post often (bit of a lurker) but I decided to share my first solo story which unfolded today.

CONGRATS!!!! Nothing beats the perma grin after your solo! Have fun, enjoy the cross country work and we all look forward to that checkride post.

CONGRATS!!!! Nothing beats the perma grin after your solo! Have fun, enjoy the cross country work and we all look forward to that checkride post.

That perma-grin is still on as we speak :D

I'm really looking forward to cross-country work! But unfortunately, I think the checkride thread will have to wait until the springtime when the weather is a little more cooperative...

Also, I'm going to buy a tripod to stick in the back of the two front seats so I can get some really nice videos...I have one that my brother took from the backseat up a few posts, but it's always nice to see what the pilot sees.

Give me some advanced notice if you go to MSV, or better yet come on out to KPOU...get some work into a class D field. If I can, I will try to meet you if you have a date and expected ETA to MSV or POU. And yeah, nothing much happening at MSV at all.

Give me some advanced notice if you go to MSV, or better yet come on out to KPOU...get some work into a class D field. If I can, I will try to meet you if you have a date and expected ETA to MSV or POU. And yeah, nothing much happening at MSV at all.

Will do :thumbsup:

I am sure its a fantastic father-son activity but I also know that when my Dad was trying to teach me to drive we managed a Duke's of Hazzard jump in the Buick Station Wagon during an episode of poor Cockpit Resource Management.

:needpics:

Back