First Solo done!

dcotton

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Don
Hello All-
I am new to this forum. Loving it so far, decided to stop lurking! I am training in Sportcruiser and finished my first solo last week! What a rush and what fun! I have appreciated all the advice given here and the knowledgeable folks.

Flying for me has been a rebirth of learning and when someone told me before hand that it would build character, I did not understand until I got started. For me it has helped to dust off several adventurous and healthy attributes to my personality.

If you care to watch! Here is my first ever solo landing. Great fun!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10204690989697915&set=vb.1331346152&type=2&theater

Check our Flysportaviation if your in the S Florida area. Great CI.

Don

Nice work! Keep us posted on the remainder of your training.

Looks like a solid landing to me! Good job.

Sincere congratulations on an important milestone!

Did you have that sudden moment (for me, it was as I turned left crosswind on my first time around the pattern) when you momentarily thought, "Holy crap! I can't fly by myself!" Then you realize, of course, that you could.

From that moment on, you are, indeed, a pilot, subject only to learning a lot more about what you're doing and how to do it; for the good pilots, the learning never ends.

Keep us posted on your journey – it never gets old!

And, welcome to Pilots of America!

Thank you everyone!!

RE: was a I nervous..
Well, for sure!
But, I had a strange calm come over me, from the time I headed to the hold short line to ask for ATC clearance to the landing. I knew it was "all in" time and with a little self talk, I knew I would be ok!

Flying I am convinced is the best drug ever, also the most expensive, but it brings such a great return! My thirst to learn has never been so strong with anything siunce I was in my early twenties. I wish I had started this much younger than 45 years old, but here I am, going for it!

BTW, the Sportcruiser is a sweet little plane. Seems that there are several Czech style planes that are all the same basic platform. This one is solid and flies so nice.

Congrats. That was awesome.
I get the calm. I was nervous until my wheels broke free. Once off the ground I was fine. The hour leading up to it, whew! that was some nail biting.

I second, keep us posted and keep the videos / pictures coming. I love seeing them.

Congrats. Keep us updated with your progress.

And I agree the Sportcruiser is a great versatile little airplane, I did a demo flight in one just after Piper did their tie up with the Czech Aircraft Company, I was just on the verge of signing an order for one when the venture soured between Piper and the Czech's, so I got cold feet and passed up on the deal.

Back