First Solo and a great kid!

drgwentzel

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Kobra
Flyers,

Here is a short 4 minute video of one of my student’s first solo’s. He’s a great kid and a lot of fun to train!

Also, I've noticed that a lot of flying videos are pretty raw..I wanted to raise the bar a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLc52ml3SUE

It’s short, I promise… :yes:

Gene

Great job with the video! He looked pretty smooth, congrats to both of you!

Nicely done video, and congrats to Chris too. What a great memento to have of such a fun and memorable occasion.

Greta video! Congrats to your student! Reminds me of when I solo'd. Brings back that feeling of happiness.

I hope to solo my student tomorrow afternoon. He was so close Saturday and we ran out of time due to other reservations. I won't be able to get in cockpit video like this but I will be taping him from the ground.

David

Great video. I laughed a couple times, when he's up in the air and says "oh ****" and when he landed and kept saying "I'm alive!" because I remember saying those same exact things. I also remember the grin on my face the whole time.

Awesome that he's got a good video of the experience.

The **** eating grin is so nice to see...nice job...

Nice video.
How many cameras do you have in that plane :)

Nice video.
How many cameras do you have in that plane :)

I have 7, but I only put 4 in the plane. I had a hand-held camera on the ground. So 5 were altogether.

As any video editor will tell you, you just can't have enough camera angles and "footage" <-- hey, can we even use that term anymore since we don't use film. We really don't have "footage" in videography ...I guess there should be a new term for digital media...hmmm...I guess "digital media" works.

Gene

Hmm, how does one replace "footage" in the digital world? There are no hundreds of feet of film on a reel anymore, instead they were replaced with digital bits stored as ones and zeroes. So "bittage", there you go. You're welcome! :lol:

Btw, loved the smile on the kid's face. I see those a lot in first-solo videos. When I soloed, I did not own any fancy digital equipment to record it (heck, I still don't own any) so I have no idea whether I was grinning ear-to-ear like that.

Congratulations to Chris and best of luck in further training and flying!

Nice job congrats to the both of you,love the grin.

Hmm, how does one replace "footage" in the digital world?

Why worry about it? Heck, we're probably going to be "dialing" phone numbers and "typing" on keyboards for years to come. Anyway, the only things I remember about soloing are being absolutely committed to landing the airplane, and being really surprised at how much better the thing climbed with only one aboard.

I also love that grin--great video!

Tim

I was smiling the whole time he was. Good job on the video.

How did you get the cams to zoom in flight like that.

I know that grin. It's the same one I still have every time the wheels come off the ground. I hope that never changes.

Congrats on the first solo.

Not that I'm a Flyers fan (was that shirt worn on purpose?), but that would be a hell of an expensive shirttail! I guess it's a better omen than say... the Calgary Flames?

I was smiling the whole time he was. Good job on the video.

How did you get the cams to zoom in flight like that.

Video editing is the secret.

That is the most common question I get, "Are those remote control camera's?" Did you have a live feed to zoom those camera's?"

Great Job CFI and student pilot! Really nice video editing (and good use of the simulated panning/zooming).

Back