First Solo 09/23/2014

muleywannabe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cherokee235
I got to fly my airplane solo last night. It was a wonderful experience.

Got to the airport and pre-flighted the aircraft like I always do. Then I taxied up to the FBO to meet up with my CFI and we went over my pre-solo test questions, which I did well on. Then we started up and go ready to go.

The airport was busier than normal, cessna was testing aircraft, two of my buddies with Bonanza's were flying around and a couple of others. It was a perfect night.

In the air we go, we practiced go-around's and quite a few landings. Then on the last landing my instructor said full-stop. I dropped him back off and he said have fun!

Away I went, did my runup, taxied over to the runway and I was off, the aircraft jumped into the air, it had so much more power, I had to pull the throttle back because I was already at TPA when I made my crosswind radio call. It was so much easier to stay in TPA, easier to keep my airspeeds, easier to land. That extra weight of passengers makes a definite difference!

My CFI was more excited than I was, he cut my shirt tail off and we taxied back to the hangars where my buddies were there to write on my shirt tail, it was a fun and memorable experience!!!!

I had a wonderful time and cant wait to get back in and go some more!!! Thank you all for the inspiration and great information here on POA!!!

One of the best feelings in the world.
congratulations!

Congrats! Now begins the XCountry fun :).

Though it's probably less noticeable in a 235 than in a Cessna 152, airplanes fly a whole lot better without your instructor's fat butt in the right seat. Make sure you tell him that. :)

Congrats.

Way to go! Mine was just a couple of months ago. Great step!

..congrats! It goes fast from here...soak it all in and have fun!

Way to go, its such a great feeling when you get up there alone!

Back